Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.D.A. apply for planning for advance factory

Options
  • 22-01-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

The IDA have placed a planning notice in the Irish Examiner for a 2,348 sq meteres Advanced Technology Building at Butlerstown...This should help improve the attractiveness of the region to investment...now lets ensure that the jobs follow!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

The IDA have placed a planning notice in the Irish Examiner for a 2,348 sq meteres Advanced Technology Building at Butlerstown...This should help improve the attractiveness of the region to investment...now lets ensure that the jobs follow!!!

What would an Advanced Technology Building do/make ?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

there is no point in bringing prospective clients to waterford if we dont have the required facilities in place for them...an advance factory/building would be a major plus when trying to sell the attractiveness of waterford to an entrepeneur/industrialist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I agree wholeheartedly, we do not have the appropriate building stock with car parking etc to give a turn key package to a potential FDI or homegrown startup for anything but small to medium enterprises..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

In Butlerstown? where abouts in Butlerstown would ye put something like that?

The technology park!

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus wheres the Technology park in Butlerstown? you talking about near Dunhil?

No on the way out the Cork road after Whitfield Hospital one large building on your rhs behind that is about a 50 acre estate built by the IDA about ten years ago as a Technology park, used to walk dogs ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Ah jaysus wheres the Technology park in Butlerstown? you talking about near Dunhil?

Jus confirms my belief that half the heads in the city may aswell be walking off the edge of a cliff or into the depts of the amazonian when they go past the b and q roundabout

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Based on the following, Waterford is the most attractive city in Ireland for residential property:

affordabilitydemographia.jpg?w=500

http://namawinelake.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/irish-residential-property-continues-to-become-more-affordable/

Just need them oul jobs to follow now...

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

dzilla wrote: »
    Jus confirms my belief that half the heads in the city may aswell be walking off the edge of a cliff or into the depts of the amazonian when they go past the b and q roundabout

Come mere to me you! thats the Butlerstown RETAIL PARK! if the poster hadda said BUTLERSTOWN RETAIL PARK I woulda known straight away!

NOT BUTLERSTOWN! its on the limits of that area! and im not originally from Waterford!

and looks like you were talking Sh'te anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Ah jaysus have the no consideration for dog walkers !!!

wellboytoo wrote: »
    No on the way out the Cork road after Whitfield Hospital one large building on your rhs behind that is about a 50 acre estate built by the IDA about ten years ago as a Technology park, used to walk dogs ever since.

Ah i know that one yeah! just accross from Whitfield! I just wasnt associating that with the name BUTLERSTOWN! I was thinking more like in the countryside bit there, thats why i was wondering! ta

Come mere to me you! thats the Butlerstown RETAIL PARK! if the poster hadda said BUTLERSTOWN RETAIL PARK I woulda known straight away!

NOT BUTLERSTOWN! its on the limits of that area! and im not originally from Waterford!

and looks like you were talking Sh'te anyway!

Wrong :p

Its the park next to the holy cross bar and whitfield thats been used as a dog walking facility in recent years

Theres a big fountainon/pond at the front it has perspex IDA signs

You said BanQ not the place next to the holy cross pub, your just being a smart arse! the other poster didnt find the need to be high and might when he explained which part of butlerstown like across from Whitfield it was pretty clear where they were talking about not you and your just past BnQ hardly sat nav are ye!

You said BanQ not the place next to the holy cross pub, your just being a smart arse! the other poster didnt find the need to be high and might when he explained which part of butlerstown like acrosom Whitfield it was pretty clear where they were talking about not you and your just past BnQ hardly sat nav are ye!

What are ya talking about boy? Go educate yourself and read my original again, i didn't say it was in B&q complex i said that most heads in the city may aswell walk off the edge of a cliff when they go out past that roundabout , i could have picked any landmark, like i could have said whitfield clinic but you'd probably think i was talking bouy the health board clinic down opposite morris diy if i said it was in there, sat nav? Your the one who said buttlerstown was dunhill have a day off your geographically challenged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

wellboytoo wrote: »

Is that the building that has the fountain type thingy in front of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

here you all go - OP was correct, as I knew exactly where he was referring to, and could not have been more clear

http://www.maloneoregan.ie/projects/civil-engineering/waterford-technology-park

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bards wrote: »
    here you all go - OP was correct, as I knew exactly where he was referring to, and could not have been more clear

Sorry, where is that? Is it out by the Garda Station? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry, where is that? Is it out by the Garda Station? :P

ROTFLMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Bards wrote: »

Is that building unoccuppied?

• Advertisement

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Is that building unoccuppied?

Citibank where in there but have left, i think there might be some small scale operations going on in there

dzilla wrote: »
    What are ya talking about boy? Go educate yourself and read my original again, i didn't say it was in B&q complex i said that most heads in the city may aswell walk off the edge of a cliff when they go out past that roundabout , i could have picked any landmark, like i could have said whitfield clinic but you'd probably think i was talking bouy the health board clinic down opposite morris diy if i said it was in there, sat nav? Your the one who said buttlerstown was dunhill have a day off your geographically challenged

Jaysus a bit of a chip on your shoulder! hope you dont bump into any tourists in town looking for directions! Im not from Waterford and whos says im a BUOY!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

Jaysus a bit of a chip on your shoulder! hope you dont bump into any tourists in town looking for directions! Im not from Waterford and whos says im a BUOY!

If he's getting thick with you, it's because you got thick first, misunderstanding what he'd said about the roundabout at B&Q - why don't ya just stop digging... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

this is now being broadcast in the local media....a full 2 days after the story was broken on boards.ie.... ;)

Advertisement