Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate/Masters Top-up

Options
  • 22-01-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all,

Towards the end of my Master's Degree I decided to opt out of a doing a thesis and took the Postgraduate Diploma instead. Not the best decision, but I had other commitments at the time which I prioritised over it. I was just wondering if I could finish it somehow in the future, as in, would it be possible to submit just a masters thesis or project as opposed to starting a course again from the beginning? Do universities facilitate this kind of thing?

Cheers
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

What kind of thesis we talking about here? Is it possible some of your work could be published in a journal? Because that might be worth pursuing, if appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

Hi

Some universities facilitate this and some don't. TCD do (this is a new regulation) - UCD do in some areas - some of the other Irish Uni's do also. You should make contact with where you studied directly and ask them can you top-up your qualification now. usually there is a time limit (for example you must do it within 5 years) but not in all cases.

Good luck!

Advertisement