Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months ending their Snacker service

Options
  • 22-01-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

I see that 48months just announced they are ending their snacker service where you could go online for 30 minutes for 15c.
    This was the big attraction for me, keeping my mobile spend down to a minimum.
    I don't see much differentiation remaining if they start going down the monthly access route.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Balls. Where/when did they announce this? The "Latest news" section of their website says it's still available, and it's still listed on their "internet" page, although when you go to buy the top-up it only offers 1 week/750MB @€;2.50... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

They emailed it to me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Hm, didn't get it myself. I also just buy the €10 membership and keep a couple of euro extra top-up balance in case I need to "snack". Mind you, I'm in my third month and haven't needed it yet.

Lycamobile is certainly now a better deal on paper, but all the reports of crappy cs and technical issues are a bit off-putting.

First World problems or what? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I do the same as you. It makes 48 a great low cost service. after all I don't need to be online 24/7, who does ? when I am out and about and want to check my email or something else that requires the internet I just snack it for 30 mins for 15c.

If they change to monthly - they will start to fall back into the pack and I cannot see much benefit in staying with them to be honest ...

Advertisement