Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remi 700 SPS, trigger

Options
  • 22-01-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I have a .204 Remi 700 SPS off the shelf job, just wondering if the trigger can be adjusted to a lighter setting?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Don't hold me to this as i'm basing my answer on experience with another Remmy.

The trigger will not go below 3lb. When i tried to go then cycled the bolt (empty gun of course) to check i got slam fires, etc. I believe it's a "safety" thing Remmy do with their guns. I ended up buying a rifle basix trigger and replacing the factory one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭leupold90

The factory trigger can be adjusted quite easily. Take action out of the stock and you'll see a couple of grub screws on the trigger for adjusting weight. Not sure how low you can go with it (as per Cass's post) but it'll definitely improve factory setting.

For a real improvement though, get a replacement trigger. I have a Timmney and it's a huge improvement and transforms the rifle. There's other brands of course, but Timmney was all that was available when I changed mine.

Advertisement