Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q park

• 22-01-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭

Had an appointment in oliver plunkett st on sat morning so decided to park in here,now last time i parked there i paid 8 euro for just over 2 hrs.At the time they were charging 1.60 per half hour,on sat was there for over an hour and it cost 6 euro.So the drop the rate to 3 euro ph but charge for full hour even if its just into the next hour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

So it works out better for them if a car leaves during the first 30 mins of an hours parking and cheaper for the driver then previously if he leaves during the second half of an hour...seems fair enough.
    I'm sure they know they will make more money this way but at least it isn't a simple across the board increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

It is an increase as such as now you pay the full hourly rate even if you go 5 mins into the 2nd hour whereas before it was by the half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

But if you stay 95 mins you pay 6 euro where as previously you would have paid 6.40.
    So there is also a saving possible 50% of the time.

I suppose its cheaper in your example alright,still damn dear for parking btw how much is a disc these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There's a place right across the street and there are lots of options for parking in Cork. I often park in some of the places on the quays. A lot of the smaller places charge by the quarter hour. I often use the place closest to Bridge st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Try Park'n'Ride the next time, good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Or the bus if your bus service is close by and regular and your not carrying a load of shopping. I did the bus thing over Christmas and it was great, bit of a novelty in fact. Bus into town, bit of shopping - couple of afternoon pints too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

murphym7 wrote: »
    Or the bus if your bus service is close by and regular and your not carrying a load of shopping. I did the bus thing over Christmas and it was great, bit of a novelty in fact. Bus into town, bit of shopping - couple of afternoon pints too!
    I'm always amazed that car parks can charge, for example, €3 for 60 minutes and €6 for 61 minutes.
    I mean, we have per second billing on all phone networks. How do car parks get away with this per hour or part hour nonsense?
    Surely an hourly charge with per minute billing and an advertised minimum charge would be a lot fairer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Once you're spending over an hour in town the Park and Ride becomes the cheapest option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Is this the one on Grand Parade? Last time I was in there, they were charging 80c per 15mins (or part thereof). I've not parked there in ages as Paul St is handier for getting out of, but e6 for just over an hour sounds like they've changed their charging again.

• Advertisement

Yes sorry didnt say in my op it was the grand parade,charging by 15min periods as suggested above would be ok but obviously more profitable the way they charge now.

Advertisement