Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Results 2013

Options
  • 22-01-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

How is everyone feeling about these? I'm pretty worried. I'm doing a one year postgrad & I keep panicking about how much weight each module holds, and the fact that this year is my only chance to do well! I've never been so worried about a result before, especially since one exam went horrendously.

Anyway, I know the results are out before 2 p.m. tomorrow, but can anyone remember from last year, whether they came out during the night?

Thanks,
    Musefan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Last year for semester one results it was 2am, and for semester 2 it was closer to 6am. I could be mistaken though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Musefan wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling about these? I'm pretty worried. I'm doing a one year postgrad & I keep panicking about how much weight each module holds, and the fact that this year is my only chance to do well! I've never been so worried about a result before, especially since one exam went horrendously.

Anyway, I know the results are out before 2 p.m. tomorrow, but can anyone remember from last year, whether they came out during the night?

Thanks,
    Musefan

I feel sick. I worked harder than I ever have in my life, did nothing but study for a solid 12 weeks but the exams didn't go too well & I know I'm going to do brutally.

Summer I can't say cos I was on placement and didn't get results, but last January they were updated at just around 6am.

I've seen them go up any time from 2am to 6am.

If you aren't sleeping Mozilla Firefox has an add on called check for change that will periodically refresh the page and play a noise when it changes.

If you are sleeping I guess they'll be up when you waken.

I did however note that this year it's before 2pm, every other year has been 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

6am rings a bell with me but not sure for which semester. Not because I was awake for it, but my nerdy panicked friend was.

I figure I probably passed them but I doubt it will be anything too stellar. I did SFA in the study end for them. Kinda f-ed about last semester so I will try convince myself to do that wee bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I have work tomorrow so there's no way I can stay up. I think I might be leaving my laptop on and use Check4Change as an alarm clock!

It was definitely last January, I was working too and got up at ten to 6, nothing, I refreshed and they were there :)

Id say sleep as normal, they'll most likely be there when you get up. (And if they aren't, ill be a gibbering mess)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Tomorrow -

We all did great! Drink!
    We all failed! Drink!
    We all passed! Drink!
    etc etc...

I for one want to get the results over and done with. Not dreading them per se, just fed up of waiting in such anticipation.

Tomorrow -

We all did great! Drink!
    We all failed! Drink!
    We all passed! Drink!
    etc etc...

I for one want to get the results over and done with. Not dreading them per se, just fed up of waiting in such anticipation.

This. I know it was Christmas but my god its been dragged out. I know its the same every year (and two weeks shorter than 2 years ago) but still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

So is this going to be the official exam results thread?? Every year without fail I have to follow the exam results thread and look at it before I log on to UCD connect so I can prepare myself before I open SIS.... cant stand the feeling of opening SIS and not knowing whether or not they are up, and clicking refresh six thousand times..... so will this be the thread to follow for the next few hours? :confused: good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

Cant wait to just get the results out of the way!! i think i failed one of my modules but hoping I might have got an E and that the magical saviour of Compensation can get me through :D prayers start now people

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Anyone find that when they refresh the page, they get a 404 message? Check for change won't work on it & I am using Mozilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Refreshing fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

3am and no sign...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

If nothing comes up within the next half hour, I'm goin to bed, I said I would't stay up :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ugggh, I've been sitting on the fear of one fail all over Xmas, a subject I hatttted but was core so had to do it, and I'd say I'm right on the border line of pass / fail, REALLY don't want to have to repeat it...anticipation is a killer.

Touch wood all the other ones went well enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Do not want to get up at 7 for 9am lectures.......

But this anticipation is killing me!!

Still nothing, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Oh come on - where are they? This wait is a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Get your **** together ucd

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Can't sleep, wish they'd just put them up! :\

Can't sleep, wish they'd just put them up! :\

Same, I've a 9am lecture and have to leave in an hour, reallllly hope they're up before then :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Mix_Tape

misslt wrote: »
    Same, I've a 9am lecture and have to leave in an hour, reallllly hope they're up before then :(

me too. 10 o'clock lecture looking less likely by the second. . .

Mix_Tape wrote: »

me too. 10 o'clock lecture looking less likely by the second. . .

If they're not up I don't think ill be going...want to process them alone in my own home :P

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Gah I have to leave in fifteen minutes! Get on with it! :eek:

misslt wrote: »
    If they're not up I don't think ill be going...want to process them alone in my own home :P

yeah i know the feeling, and plus, I've had two bottles of wine whilst bracing myself so I doubt it would be wise to go in anyway:eek:

Mix_Tape wrote: »
    yeah i know the feeling, and plus, I've had two bottles of wine whilst bracing myself so I doubt it would be wise to go in anyway:eek:

You never know, could be the best days college you've ever had :P

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

They up

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

They're up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

where

They're up!

delighted. well worth the wait. . did much better than i thought. . . . day in bed well deserved. . night all, and i hope you all did well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Never has a D looked so fu*king beautiful. Passed my nightmare subject, thank God!

Very happy with results! Hope everyone else did well. :)

Advertisement