Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Results 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Buzzin, passed everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mix_Tape

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Buzzin, passed everything!

days like this i wish there was a student bar :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

3.9..............................I need a breakfast roll or something to absorb the shock.

I've gone beyond caring about gpa, my goal is just to get out of arts asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Woohoo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

4.2.........?!!! don't think these are my results lol

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hamal

Passed!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

Just wonder does anyone know do the cut results often change from the provisional results are can you pretty much take that its gonna stay the same

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

BidillyBo wrote: »
    Just wonder does anyone know do the cut results often change from the provisional results are can you pretty much take that its gonna stay the same

I've had mine go up and down in the past 4 years... It's generally obvious if it's going to happen. I got an NG in a module I'd sat and had already passed with CA... I had one go down in 2nd year which was kind of horrible. The whole class got given their lab grade instead of their weighted grade. I seem to be a minority in this though, generally unless there's something missing it won't move...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Do you have to actively get your results updated for the 14th if you know what I mean? Like if you got an A+ you obviously wont have a problem with it, but do they recheck everything anyway or something? I heard they double mark every exam but I don't know if that's once for provisional and once for final results.

I'm really happy with my results, but my elective dragged me down surprisingly. Oh well, I have my electives for next year planned anyway and they'll be fine, plus I'm only in 1st year so if I can keep this up I'll be over the moon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm pretty sure they would just spot check exams rather than re-correcting every single one. It's probably double checked before provisional results and then spot checked by independent body before final results.

I've never heard of results changing from provisional to final, but if it did, it wouldn't move much, like from a B to a B+ or a B- or whatever.

If you aren't happy with a result though, it would probably be a good time to contact your lecturer and ask them if there's an extra couple of marks in there to bump you up from a B to a B+ ........or from an E to a D-!! Would be surprised if there was any movement from provisional to final results though, I'd say it's very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I had a grade change from a B to a B+ last year but that was it. If there is a change done there will be a * beside the name of the module in your credit statement.

If you aren't happy with a grade and want to appeal I think you have only 30 days to submit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

is a D+ universally considered as a pass for every course?
    Just got that in one exam.Depressed to say the least:(

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Is anyone else waiting on thesis results? I got my module grades but that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I got 1.7, this is the happiest day of my life!

Anthony16 wrote: »
    is a D+ universally considered as a pass for every course?
    Just got that in one exam.Depressed to say the least:(

A D+ is a pass, yes. But it's not the end of the world, you can have one or two not so great subjects in a semester as long as you do very well in the others. One subject isn't that important, it's your overall GPA that counts. ;)
    I got 1.7, this is the happiest day of my life!

I don't get ya, what do you mean 1.7? Hopefully not GPA!! :pac:

Yeah GPA! I'm number 1, wooooooooooo!!!

and .7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I see the drinking has started already!

Yeah GPA! I'm number 1, wooooooooooo!!!

and .7

Ah not to worry, it's one semester, pull your socks up and you can still make it out with a good degree! Only sh*t one is doing repeats if you have a few :(

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Ah not to worry, it's one semester, pull your socks up and you can still make it out with a good degree! Only sh*t one is doing repeats if you have a few :(

As crazy as it sounds, I'm somewhat happy. I was expectating 3 Fs,
    resulting in 3 repeats which would amount to €690. However I only got 1 F and 1 G, so I will only have to pay for two, and then I'll compensate the other 2 which were Es, and then work my ass off this semester. **** happens, but I try to keep a positivie outlook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

I did the sums, and it seems today's results guarantee me a 2.1 degree as long as I pass everything at summer. Happy days

**** failed one actually, principles to microeconomics, e plus, anyone know if I can compensate?

You in 1st year? I did that last year. Yes you can compensate, as long as you fail no more than 2 or 4 or something and have an overall GPA of over 2.0.

Assuming you're in stage 1, you'll just have to wait until the end of the year to compensate, so you might as well resit the exam just in case.

tgdaly wrote: »
    I did the sums, and it seems today's results guarantee me a 2.1 degree as long as I pass everything at summer. Happy days

Do you mind me asking what your GPA is? And if it's a 120 credit degree? Just curious as I'm kind of hovering in middle 2.1 territory. 3.27 GPA - I keep messing up one subject each semester and getting A's and B's in everything else, but one annoying subject each semester is always dragging it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what your GPA is? And if it's a 120 credit degree? Just curious as I'm kind of hovering in middle 2.1 territory. 3.27 GPA - I keep messing up one subject each semester and getting A's and B's in everything else, but one annoying subject each semester is always dragging it down.

Ye is 120 credits, and after 90 I have a 3.46 gpa.
    3.46 x 3 = 10.38

So you need a 3.08 to get a 2.1 degree, over 4 semesters would be 12.32
    12.32 - 10.38 = 1.94

As I would need 1.94 to get a 2.1, I would just need to pass everything as a minimum, as a D- is a 2.0 gpa

So if you're gpa is 3.27 (presuming you've 90 credits done)
    3.27 x 3 = 9.81
    12.32 - 9.81 = 2.51

A D+ is 2.4 and a C- 2.6, so you would want to average between these grades in your final semester to get a 2.1 degree, and as your gpa is 3.27 (Just over B-) so far, you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Anyone know how the rounding works or if there is any? e.g. does a percentage of 20.54 become 21 or 20?

EdenHazard wrote: »
    **** failed one actually, principles to microeconomics, e plus, anyone know if I can compensate?

Yeah defitnely. You could fail 5 and still compensate up to three subjects. Did that in second year, compensated 3 ( you have to get an E to compensate) and then you need to pass everything in Semester 2 and get a GPA of 2.0 Better not to fall into all that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭crisco10

Happy enough, 3/4 thru masters, GPA at 3.76.

TgDaly got me thinking, with 67.5 Credits out of 90 done, I can get a 2.1 with 3 D-. interesting. Alternatively straight B's will get me a first. Jaysus, put like that, it is certainly within grasp. Makes me nervous. lol

Well done to all on the thread, hope all are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Hey guys, do you know if results are rounded up? I have worked out I got 69.95% in a module, but its being counted as a B+. So close to my first A, but still so far :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Hey guys, do you know if results are rounded up? I have worked out I got 69.95% in a module, but its being counted as a B+. So close to my first A, but still so far :(
    I was about to ask the same question ! Got 69.96 ! :mad:

Advertisement