Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Results 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭scrummonkey

just noticed in my exam results summary that i received full marks for tutorial attendance in each module (5%) but this did not bump up any of my exam scores, e.g. B+ in exam, A+ for tutorial attendence but module result remains at B+.......am i missing something here ????

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

haro124 wrote: »
    I was about to ask the same question ! Got 69.96 ! :mad:

I got 39.54 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

just noticed in my exam results summary that i received full marks for tutorial attendance in each module (5%) but this did not bump up any of my exam scores, e.g. B+ in exam, A+ for tutorial attendence but module result remains at B+.......am i missing something here ????

B+ = G.P.A of 3.6

3.6X.95 (percentage weight of exam) =3.42

A+= G.P.A of 4.2
    4.2X.05 = 0.21

3.42 + 0.21 = 3.63

3.63 as a G.P.A falls within the range of B+. Your tutorial mark, while it contributed slightly to the G.P.A for the module, wasn't worth enough to make a huge impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Actually, that's something I'm wondering too. Some of my modules have marks for attendance etc and I got an A for it in one module (mentioning that to note that it's showing up like), but in another one it's showing up as individual work being 70% and group being 30%, with no mention of the 10% for attendance which I would have gotten. Should I email to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭scrummonkey

thanks musefan, that clears it up alright.......but it hardly seems worth the effort of going to all the tutorials ......i mean if it is not going to bump up my gpa , what the point (unless i need the extra academic input from tutorials) ? begs the question, do people really see tutorials as absolutely neccessary or not important if you are aceiving high grades anyway ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Well, you never know when you might depend on it. For example if you are 1% below the grade for an A, you might well be happy to have 5% extra to bump you up.

Advertisement