Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ sauce for pizza

Options
  • 22-01-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi!

We have friends coming over for a movie night on Saturday.

Iv been asked to make pizza (Dinkies recipe) and one with a pulled pork topping (Sparks) which has a BBQ sauce in it. One of our friends loves BBQ and iv been asked to make a BBQ sauce for the base as well.

Has anyone here got any recipes for a BBQ base, which would be good with the pulled pork?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Whenever I make BBQ sauce I like to improvise and experiment, I tend to use this recipe as a guideline of sorts...So apologies if any of it seems a bit vague!

BBQ Sauce:
    (Should make about 500ml)

- 1 onion, finely chopped
    - 6 cloves garlic
    - 2 chillies, deseeded & chopped (I use jalapeno's but any chillies will do)

- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, ground
    - 2 tbsp paprika
    - 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
    - Salt & pepper
    - Zest of 1 lemon
    - 200g brown sugar

- 200ml water
    - Juice of 1 lemon
    - 120ml of apple or orange juice (I use 60ml of each, but whatever you have handy will do the trick!)
    - 220ml ketchup
    - 2tbsp tomato puree
    - 3tbsp cider vinegar
    - 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    - 2tbsp mustard (I use Dijon)
    - 60ml maple syrup, if you have it (I like to add some, gives it a nice sweetness)

1) Whizz onions, garlic and chillies and a splash of the water in a food processor. Transfer to a saucepan on a medium-high heat and let them cook away for a few minutes.

2) Add spices and lemon zest to the saucepan, then the brown sugar mixing it in until it all forms a paste.

3) Add the rest of the water, then the juices, mustard, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce (and syrup if you're using it). Sometimes I'll throw in a shot of bourbon too.

4) Bring to boil and simmer for about 30-40 mins. Just keep an eye on it, when its turned a lovely dark shade of red and begins to thicken up you'll know you're in business :D

5) Once its cooled pass it through a sieve, then you're good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

2 parts Ketchup
    I part Soy Sauce

That's it really add whatever you want after that.

Advertisement