Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about UPC & multiple xbox 360s

• 22-01-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I am making the switch from Eircom to UPC broadband and I am wondering if I am going to run into any problems running multiple xbox 360s and PS3s at once. In particular am I going to have problems getting open Nats on all devices?

Right now with Eircom, sometimes there would be 3 Xbox 360s, PS3, a couple of laptops and a smartphone all connected at once and all the gaming devices have an open Nat. My Eircom service is pretty slow but very reliable. I have been warned by others that there will be problems but I contacted UPC and they said it was an old issue and that there will be no problem with having open Nats on all devices.

Anyone got any experience with such problems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

i had problems when there was two xboxs running at the same time with NAT, one would be open and the other moderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

Did you manage to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

Anyone else have knowledge of this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Slingers wrote: »
    I am making the switch from Eircom to UPC broadband and I am wondering if I am going to run into any problems running multiple xbox 360s and PS3s at once. In particular am I going to have problems getting open Nats on all devices?

Right now with Eircom, sometimes there would be 3 Xbox 360s, PS3, a couple of laptops and a smartphone all connected at once and all the gaming devices have an open Nat. My Eircom service is pretty slow but very reliable. I have been warned by others that there will be problems but I contacted UPC and they said it was an old issue and that there will be no problem with having open Nats on all devices.

Anyone got any experience with such problems?

UPC will be much better running all this, since their ping times are fairly low and their speeds are higher than with Eircom.

NAT will only be an issue if its on Strict. Moderate is just as good as Open.

Nat only effects voice communication and how you find games. Has nothing to do with gameplay.

With X box 720 rumor to be announced in the coming weeks, more bandwidth will be needed to prevent lag playing on this system. Eircom because of its low speeds will put players at a disadvantage playing games on this console.

Advertisement