Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day/few hours trip from San Francisco

Options
  • 22-01-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

I'll be in San Francisco for just 2 days in March. Husband and I will be in US for a very busy 10 days, and since San Fran is his favourite place in US, that's our 1st stop.
    We'll have 2 full days there.
    I like to take pics, so I'm thinking one day in town/boat trips squeezed in, and one day somewhere scenic nearby.
    We're not really museum goers and as I said, Mr Mountains has been there lots of times so he'll know exactly where to take me in town, but his memory of the places he's been outside of San Fran is too patchy to remember a specific spot (apart from the real touristy spots). (he's a musician and travels there touring, it's pretty intense so they don't always remember where they were).

Anyone can recommend a near enough nice road trip, feasible comfortably in a day, with nice potential for photos ?

After San Fran, we're heading to the Grand Canyon via Phoenix & Flagstaff, and after that, we're flying to Houston and driving up to Memphis via Lafayette, New Orleans, and Natchez. We go home from Memphis.

Any suggestions really welcome, even for the rest of our trip. I personnally like to see less touristy areas as well as some of the touristy spots so am really looking forward to the Natchez/Vicksburg area.

Comments

Advertisement