Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Issues in Balbriggan?

Options
  • 22-01-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Has anyone been experiencing slow broadband speeds lately with UPC in Balbriggan? Trying to watch anything on YouTube the last week or so has been a real trial. I'm also having problems with lots of the TV stations being unwatchable due to artifacting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

im having some problems with TV station and yes i also noticed today youtube was having problems .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Youtube streaming is a big problem on UPC.

Check out this thread and there is multiple others in the Broadband section about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73813721

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

no problems in our house. Do you have DSL or fibrepowered? ours is fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Little Ted wrote: »
    no problems in our house. Do you have DSL or fibrepowered? ours is fibre

UPC dont do dsl, do they? Fibre only (I think)

some of the older connections are DSL AFAIK. open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

im on fiber to the kerb . do any of you guys have on demand or 50 mb broadband. ?

50mb isn't available in Balbriggan as yet. We applied for it, and were advised the max they can guarantee is 25mb, but usually we get around 28-30mb, and that is with several devices connected. We pay a couple of quid less than the 50mb bundle because we can't get the full speed. They have said that they will advise us when the 50mb becomes available - not sure if I'll bother unless its only a couple of quid more, happy enough with the speeds we have for now.

Advertisement