Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Independent Repair or Apple Store

• 22-01-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭

Hi just a quick question, cracked the screen on my iPhone 4. Phone is working perfectly, just the screen is pretty fecked! Just wondering am I better off getting it repaired in a small shop or dropping it into an Apple store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I don't know about in Killarney but I know in Limerick you can get the screen fixed for about 35 euro so I wouldn't send it off to Apple for something like that, unless of course there is more damage than just a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zerg

If phone is on warranty you have to pay after sending to Apple, accidental damage is not cover by warranty. You can try these guys AppleFix Dublin price for new screen is €75 plus €6 register post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Jofspring wrote: »
    I don't know about in Killarney but I know in Limerick you can get the screen fixed for about 35 euro so I wouldn't send it off to Apple for something like that, unless of course there is more damage than just a crack.

No that's way too cheap, the screens cost more than that, plus about 30 min labour.

OP you could get a screen with tools on ebay and go on youtube and look for a good guide. If you make sure to keep a track of everything you take out. I used a baking tray will 20 slots in it to open it up and put each screw in as I go.

I would warn one thing to look out for, there is a tiny bit of rubber that connected the light sensor to the glass, make sure this is not lost during installation. Easy to over look and means you iphone doesn't go blank when you have you head beside it during a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cheers for the replies. I take it going to Apple is out of the question ya? The phone is out of warranty. Anywhere in Cork that does repairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

good guy in ballincollig shopping centre, irepairs, also a guy in middleton on connoly street on the right hand side up past TH sports.

Ive used both, and would recomend both!

Or else, www.syncron.ie if you want to diy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭blade1

madcabbage wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies. I take it going to Apple is out of the question ya? The phone is out of warranty. Anywhere in Cork that does repairs?
    i think theres a repair shop on grand parade.
    if you come up oliver plunkett st.,tun left and its up above another shop.
    l

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

wexfordman wrote: »
    good guy in ballincollig shopping centre, irepairs, also a guy in middleton on connoly street on the right hand side up past TH sports.

Ive used both, and would recomend both!

Or else, www.syncron.ie if you want to diy!

I would go DIY except I'd be afraid I'd make a balls of it! Gonna go try a few places at the weekend when I've some free time.

Advertisement