Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help please :(

• 22-01-2013 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I think this is the right forum to post in,
    I have a sony fp-70 printer and am trying to print photos from a memory stick/memory card.. all my photos are jpg but some are from my iphone which the printer will not print, when I put the memory stick in, a question mark comes up meaning I cant even see the photo.

It seems to print photos that were taken on my camera, I've searched online for a solution to no avail and have also tried to convert the photos.

any ideas what else i can do or how to solve this?:confused::confused:
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

newb12 wrote: »
    I think this is the right forum to post in,
    I have a sony fp-70 printer and am trying to print photos from a memory stick/memory card.. all my photos are jpg but some are from my iphone which the printer will not print, when I put the memory stick in, a question mark comes up meaning I cant even see the photo.

It seems to print photos that were taken on my camera, I've searched online for a solution to no avail and have also tried to convert the photos.

any ideas what else i can do or how to solve this?:confused::confused:
    thanks

I think you will need to sync the photos with iTunes onto your computer, then print them directly from the computer. You may be able to put the iPhone in "Disk Mode" and then the DCIM folder that the printer probably understands would appear. I'll pop this over to Apple Devices for you where it is better suited

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Open the picture on your computer. Right click on the picture. Click copy. Open Microsoft paint. Click Paste. Click file, then save as, and before you save the picture make sure it says .jpg at the bottom of the window where it says file type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 newb12

thanks, i wasnt sure where to post this, i will try syncing with itunes.

and i have tried that with paint already but it saves as a small picture in the corner of the screen.. but my photos are .jpg already so I dont think thats the issue, it seems to be if I put a picture that was taken on my iphone on to a memory stick and try to print then it wont print.

thanks for the replies!

nobody else have any solutions?? :( none of the above worked..
    photos are already in JPEG, when on a memory stick or memory card some photos just show up as a question mark so I cant print.
    very frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

This is on their website...so you might just need to enable that setting on the printer:

What is the ? icon displayed in the image list?
    The ? icon shows that the image does not contain compatible DCF thumbnail data. If a preview image is displayed when you select the image and press PICTURE, you can print the image.

A JPEG file (or TIFF file) shot with a digital camera compatible with the DCF includes a small size image data for thumbnail display. Your printer uses this image data to quickly display images in the image list. However, most JPEG, TIFF BMP files saved with the image editing software on the computer do not have this image data. Such files are displayed as the ? icons in the image list.

You can display the thumbnails of those images by setting [Image Without Thumbnail] to Generate in the Option menu. However, it may take longer time to display. Also, the thumbnail data is not added to the image by this setting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It sounds like the thumbnail images were dragged to the memory stick, without the necessary data. What size files are they compared to the photos that do print?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

whiterebel wrote: »
    It sounds like the thumbnail images were dragged to the memory stick

Or shortcuts.

Graham wrote: »

Or shortcuts.

Yeah they were copied to the memo stick but some are fine some arent.. I used to always do this and never had a problem until now, any way to change this as in if it is just shortcuts etc?

Thanks for all your replies

the files are a lot smaller than the ones that do print.. do you reckon thats a factor in the problem yeah?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

newb12 wrote: »
    the files are a lot smaller than the ones that do print.. do you reckon thats a factor in the problem yeah?

If it has saved thumbnails or shortcuts you won't be able to print, unless the originals are still on the iPhone and you can get them from it.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    If it has saved thumbnails or shortcuts you won't be able to print, unless the originals are still on the iPhone and you can get them from it.

i do have the originals, but its not just pictures from the iphone its pictures in general.. iv pictures from my camera that wont print either.. pictures that i took on the camera and iphone and pictures that i already had on my computer..

Its more of a question for PCs then, rather than iPhone. Your OP started that the problem was with iPhone pics.

Advertisement