Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting my parents

Options
  • 22-01-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After watching my wife and I convert to vaping almost 12 months ago, my parents (both mid 60s) are ready to bite the bullet and give it a go. So for this to work, the setup needs to be as simple as possible. Both are heavy smokers.

I've been using these for a lot of the time since I started; http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/megadcc.htm. I initially thought these would be a good option due to the fill once a day requirements, but I've images of my father overfilling it and then vaping to it literally starts to smoke.

Due to recent availability issues, I'm a convert to these; http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/vision.htm. I think my mother is a little wary of the smoke it or inject it look, but I guess we all were a little self conscious initially. To me these seem a little more fool proof as they can see whats in them, but perhaps somewhat more troublesome.

Has anybody been through a similiar situation, and what did they recommend.

BTW, the starting point will be 900/1000mah ego batteries (I haven't had a 650mah yet, any rough ideas on how long they last). I need to buy about six of these as I need some for myself. Anyone come across good prices lately.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Kanger twist kit with 1000mah batteries is the only way to go in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Got my father in-law started on an Ego-T and he just couldnt get his head around refills ended up killing the first atty, and on the second spent another week inhaling burnt wicking material and ended up with a raspy throat (as was still producing smoke be it somewhat toxic).

Got him a LR dripping atty instead and he just "gets it" that every 10 drags or so that he needs to drop a few more.

Advertisement