Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old UPC box

• 22-01-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there people dose anyone no if I have an old UPC box could I use that as a multi room box I have a new digital box already thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Unlikely, you need a card in each box, even a non-recording one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

well, unless he plans on moving card between rooms. Would be simpler than having to carry the box around.
    Maybe should just assume OP knows what he's talking about and see if somebody has an Old UPC box to give him.

No spare boxes here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Maybe should just assume OP knows what he's talking about and see if somebody has an Old UPC box to give him.

No spare boxes here

I didn't mean to imply that he is clueless, my reading of his post is that he has a new UPC box and wants to know if he can use the old one for multiroom. As far as I'm concerned he is not asking for a donation of a UPC box.

OP, is that the situation?

I believe from previous threads that the card they give you is tied to the actual box so you cannot simply carry the card around the house and use it in different boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Oops!!!
    Apologies, I totally misread the OP.
    copmpletely read it as a donation request for some reason, don't even know how now. :$

So, yep, pretty sure Coylemj was right straight off, you would need a card for it to be usable as a multiroom box. really when you pay for Multiroom what you are paying for is the extra card.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hightide

Tried using my old box in another room, at first all the channels were there but gradually i lost them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

They will get deactivated and possibly arranged to be picked up some time. It's only €5 p/m extra to keep that old box going as a multi room.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Okay looks like I'm not the only one that misread the OP, thread re-opened.

OP you'll need a new viewing card but tbh UPC will probably just supply you with a new box with it anyway.

Advertisement