Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 22-01-2013 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

If there's anyone else other than me out there, this is where we will meet :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

What do you reckon is your strongest XI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

You're not alone. Been a R's fan since 1974:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

G.K. wrote: »
    What do you reckon is your strongest XI?

Cesar
    Onuoha Nelsen Hill Fabio
    Mbia Taarabt Derry Faurlin
    Remy Mackie

*** I have huge loyalty and respect for Hill and Derry, they may not technically be the best players but you know you're always going to get 110% from them. Remy is there by default somewhat, i haven't really since enough of him. I don't rate Cisse.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    You're not alone. Been a R's fan since 1974:D

Great stuff, myself and my brother are based in Dublin, got over to Loftus Rd against Everton last year.

If this thread gets enough attention we might organise a meetup in Dublin for a televised match before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Shocking result today,We still had a decent side out,Just shows there is no passion for the club.Arry needs to pull something outta the bag big time before the window shuts.

Needs to get rid of
    DJ
    Bothroyd
    Hulse
    Anton
    Traore
    Zamora
    Fábio

Squad should be

Júlio César
    Robert Green

Luke Young
    José Bosingwa
    Nedum Onuoha
    Stéphane Mbi
    Clint Hill
    Ryan Nelsen
    Tal Ben Haim

Shaun Derry
    Diakité
    Esteban Granero
    Alejandro Faurlín
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Hogan Ephraim
    Park Ji-Sung

Jamie Mackie
    Junior Hoilett

Loïc Rémy
    Adel Taarabt

Badly need strengthening in every position not only quality but players who will fight for the club,The biggest problem with signing players is most will want a relegation release clause

Players Arry should look at this jan

If Cesar leaves for Real

Shay Given - 2nd choice at Villa
    Paul Robinson - Been told he can leave Blackburn

Mixhael Dawson - Cant get in Spurs side
    Ricardo Carvalho - Been told he can leave this window
    Richard Dunne - Unsure if he is part of Lambert's plans
    Brede Hangeland - Contract expires in Summer

Scott Sinclair - Not playing at City
    Wilson Palacios - Not playing at Stoke
    Danny Murphy - Blackburn could be tempted or Murphy another chance at PL
    Florende Malouda - Playing reserves with Chelsea

Darren Bent - Unsure if he is part of Lambert's plans
    Kevin Davies - Could be tempted at another chance at PL[

• Advertisement

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Shocking result today,We still had a decent side out,Just shows there is no passion for the club.Arry needs to pull something outta the bag big time before the window shuts.

Needs to get rid of
    DJ
    Bothroyd
    Hulse
    Anton
    Traore
    Zamora
    Fábio

Although i agree Zamora was poor under Hughes, i watched him for Fulham last year and i thought he had some good spells. I'd personally hold on to him until the summer anyway. Fabio is young and may come good, again i'd keep him until the summer.
    I agree with the rest - get rid of them!

Squad should be

Júlio César
    Robert Green

Luke Young
    José Bosingwa
    Nedum Onuoha
    Stéphane Mbi
    Clint Hill
    Ryan Nelsen
    Tal Ben Haim

Shaun Derry
    Diakité
    Esteban Granero
    Alejandro Faurlín
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Hogan Ephraim
    Park Ji-Sung

Jamie Mackie
    Junior Hoilett

Loïc Rémy
    Adel Taarabt

Badly need strengthening in every position not only quality but players who will fight for the club,The biggest problem with signing players is most will want a relegation release clause

Players Arry should look at this jan

If Cesar leaves for Real

Shay Given - 2nd choice at Villa
    Paul Robinson - Been told he can leave Blackburn

Mixhael Dawson - Cant get in Spurs side
    Ricardo Carvalho - Been told he can leave this window
    Richard Dunne - Unsure if he is part of Lambert's plans
    Brede Hangeland - Contract expires in Summer

^^^^
    If we got those 2 it would seriously bolster our defense, unfortunately i think Dawson in particular won't be interested.

Scott Sinclair - Not playing at City
    Wilson Palacios - Not playing at Stoke
    Danny Murphy - Blackburn could be tempted or Murphy another chance at PL
    Florende Malouda - Playing reserves with Chelsea

I agree with Sinclair, on loan for the rest of the season would be great, not sure about the rest.

Darren Bent - Unsure if he is part of Lambert's plans
    Kevin Davies - Could be tempted at another chance at PL[

We badly need a centre half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Malouda and Palacios are finished imo.

Looks like Nelsen is on the way to Toronto,Bad news

Also Arry had 2 keepers on the bench tonight??? Could he not of given some young fella that spot instead?

Looks like Nelsen is on the way to Toronto,Bad news

Also Arry had 2 keepers on the bench tonight??? Could he not of given some young fella that spot instead?

A not so subtle hint that he needs to buy.

A not so subtle hint that he needs to buy.

Thats such bullsh1t from Arry,Tony Fernandes has always stated there will always funds made available.He is just playing to the crowd...

• Advertisement

You would not know whta he is up to. On another note, its great to see the UTD fans are still bitter about last season.

They just cant let it go.

Thats such bullsh1t from Arry,Tony Fernandes has always stated there will always funds made available.He is just playing to the crowd...

I'm happy with Chris Samba & Yun-Suk Young (don;t know much about him!), we need to center halves. Yea i agree Harry was sending a msg to the board having 2 keepers on the bench. He obviously feels the squad still isn't deep enough. I'd be sad to see Mackie go, he's a true work-horse.

Letting Faurlin go could be a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Letting Faurlin go could be a mistake

Strange one isn't it.

Anyways Samba will be a massive signing, the guy is a beast, loved him at Blackburn, wouldn't be surprised if Nelsen had something to do with it as a parting gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-players-lift-lid-five-1738275

QPR's training break in Dubai last month became a “stag party” according to first-team players.

In claims that will embarrass the club’s hierarchy, members of Harry Redknapp’s starting line-up told Mirror Sport the week-long camp in the Middle East descended into a “joke”.

Manager Redknapp did not stay in the same hotel as the players and his coaching staff.

Early-morning training sessions lasted barely 90 minutes before the squad were left to their own devices, which saw all-night benders for some and huge bar bills run up, according to accounts given by three players to Mirror Sport.

Some players were said to be incapable of training as a result of their partying, resulting in reprimands from Redknapp.

In a series of astonishing and candid admissions, players broke ranks to reveal the Rangers camp is split into dressing-room cliques, with jealousy over the massive wage differences and anger at a perceived lack of application by some of the squad.

With just two wins from 27 Premier League games, Rangers require a near-miracle if they are to avoid relegation.

But what was supposed to be a team-building break instead became a glorified “holiday”.

One player admitted: “Dubai was a week when we had the chance to sort out the ­problems. Everybody wanted to do that.

“But we ended up going there for a holiday. It would have been better if we’d stayed here in London.

“We had training very early in the morning. We’d start at 8am and be finished, every day, by 9.30 at the latest.

"It was very warm and after that we would just go out.

“Then in the evening some players were out, until 3am, 4am, 5am – and then went to training at 8am. It was like a stag party.

“Some looked at it as if we had a five-day holiday. It wasn’t one or two of us. That’s the problem.”

Redknapp and his wife Sandra stayed in a different hotel from the Royal Meridien in which the squad and coaching staff were housed throughout the week.

Another senior member of the team added: “I’ve never known anything like what happened in Dubai.

“We had all day to ourselves. That meant shopping, the pool, nightclubs. We were on holiday, it was just a party.

“Some of the bar bills were enormous, huge, in the tens of thousands of pounds for one night.

“Two or three players couldn’t train the next day. It was that bad.

“We have to take the blame for what we did. We know that.

“But some of us think that if the manager had been in the same hotel he could have controlled what was going on.

“What sort of club allows a team with 17 points and only two wins all season go and do this?

"It’s impossible to survive like that and so this club isn’t going to survive.”

Redknapp confirmed on Friday night he had stayed in a separate hotel and that the players had only trained for 90 minutes each day.

Quizzed over the specific allegations of drinking, he replied: “If it happened they must have done something I didn’t see.

"I don’t believe what you’re saying. I can’t see it.”

The claims appeared damning and set to cause outrage among QPR fans.

Three of Redknapp’s squad told MirrorFootball:

How the club’s training camp in Dubai last month was treated by some players as an excuse for a week-long bender.
    The scale of the dressing-room schisms.
    And the recriminations at the pitiful display against Manchester United last week.
    These were not the normal ranks of the disaffected, players left on the outside, but key members of Redknapp’s squad.

The launching pad was the trip to Dubai, which came 48 hours after a humiliating 4-1 defeat at Swansea left Rangers rooted to the foot of the table.

Dubai is a regular mid-season retreat for Premier League clubs and Swansea, Sunderland and West Ham were in the Gulf state as Rangers booked into their £300-a-night five star beach base.

It was supposed to be the chance to regroup, work hard, find a way out of trouble. Instead, according to the players who spoke to Mirror Sport, some treated it as little more than a holiday camp.

One player recounted: “We were in one hotel. Harry and his wife were in a different hotel. They went out before us and came back a day before we did.

“It felt like a holiday camp, not a training camp, for everyone. We thought we were going there to train.

"Players were out, every night. I can’t pretend there wasn’t plenty of drinking, because there was.

“Harry came every morning at 8am, but he just watched and didn’t take the sessions.

“Once we had finished, the players were off to the pool and having a drink.

"There wasn’t anything organised by anyone. It just happened, naturally.
    “We were all out. Players got sucked into it, we know that, even if we thought the next day, ‘How can you spend that much money on a night out?’.

“Looking back, it’s hard to believe what we were doing. We know it was unacceptable and unprofessional. It wasn’t good behaviour.

“Harry told us he was upset, especially when he saw two or three players who just weren’t able to train at all. But that was it.”

Redknapp insisted on Friday night his players had “trained harder on this trip than on any trip I’ve ever been on”.

He added: “We worked the maximum, man for man, worked our socks for an hour and a half, every day.

“No one was ever late. I was the first one on the training ground.”

The Rangers boss said he was perplexed by the drinking claims, adding: “If it happened, they must have done something I didn’t see.

"I don’t believe what you are saying. I can’t see it.”

Another player conceded the week was not ideal given the next game was against Manchester United. QPR lost 2-0 at home.

He admitted: “Given that sort of preparation, after a week like that, it was almost impossible for us to play against United.

“Fitness-wise, it was a disaster. When we played United, they didn’t play – they didn’t have to.

"They have some great players, but some aren’t 100 per cent fit and have had injuries – and they were running past us like we don’t exist. That just shouldn’t happen.”

That defeat left Rangers seven points adrift of safety, with games running out. According to another player, too many of the squad believe they are already doomed.

“There’s a feeling from some of us that other players don’t give a s***, that they’re just here for the money,” said the player, a regular starter.

“Some are going around saying they can’t wait for the end of the season so they can move.

“When you hear that, you know the trouble you’re in – 50 per cent of any team is having the right team spirit.

“The manager is supposed to be the leader, but a lot of us think he’s going to leave in the summer as well. If that’s the case how is he going to get the players going?”

Redknapp insisted only last week he would stay, even if relegated, but the player added: “There’s resentment between the players who have clauses in their contracts which will see them take wage cuts if we go down, and those that haven’t.

“At the moment, the foreign players are in one section and the English players in another. There is not enough bonding, no ­atmosphere where we fight for each other.

“We all feel bad for the chairman and owner, but they don’t see what’s happening to the club.

“The training ground is like a free-for-all, a million people who shouldn’t be there because they are friends of someone or another. There’s no structure, things are a mess and I’ve never known that at a club before.

“You can’t hope to survive with that chaos. No one wants to be part of a team relegated in disgrace and winning only two games in the season, but that’s the way it’s heading.”

Redknapp was accused of taking his eye off the training ground ball in January, although, as at Spurs – who he took to three successive top-five finishes – he delegates to his coaches, currently Joe Jordan, Steve Cotterill and Kevin Bond.

“During the January window he was barely there,” said one of the players. “A lot of us thought he was concentrating on trying to buy one or two players and forgetting about the 22 already here.

“Our problems aren’t going to be solved by one or two players. It’s a joke.

“The club is in a mess. How can any club like this hope to be in the best league in the world?

"We all have to take responsibility, but what’s happening isn’t right.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

amiable wrote: »
    “During the January window he was barely there,” said one of the players. “A lot of us thought he was concentrating on trying to buy one or two players and forgetting about the 22 already here.
    That our 'arry for you :pac:

Harry is a joke of a manager,He is only there for the money and what backhanders he can get from agents.
    If we lose today its goodluck to the PL

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Well things have taken a turn for the better with 2 wins.
    A win Saturday against Villa would really set up a "great escape" type finish to the season.

earlytobed wrote: »
    Well things have taken a turn for the better with 2 wins.
    A win Saturday against Villa would really set up a "great escape" type finish to the season.

Yes it certainly would, a true 6 pointer if i've ever seen one. Townsend and Jenas were fantastic at the weekend. I thought Harry dropping Adel would come back to bite him in the ass but it turns out it was a great call. Adel is very good going forward but never ever defends.

It has 1-1 draw written all over it.

Hope I'm wrong though

Hope we haven't seen the last of Taraabt.

• Advertisement

Looks like it all over now

Yep we're doomed. Unlike some of the supporters that frequent here I don't wish relegation on another club. Some really sad people on other club threads!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The loss to Villa definitely undid all of Harry's work in the previous 2 games.

Still don't think relegation is a forgone conclusion. You'd think 9 points minimum are needed in the next 5 games. Wigan and Reading are must win games and if they lose to them they're gone. Fulham, Everton and Stoke make up the next 5 then and you'd think either one win or a draw in each is the aim.

QPR have gotten some big wins when they were needed so Arsenal at home will be a huge game. At home to Newcastle is definitely winable. Liverpool are hit and miss so they may even get a point there. I predict QPR will finish with around 35 points and I doubt that will be enough.

Mark Hughes really did a terrible job here. What's harry's record like this year compared to hughes'?

In Roy of the Rovers territory as regards dodging relegation.

If they played all season like they did the last month, they would be dead safe.
    The table doesnt lie.
    However, I'd say we will win one or two to keep diminishing hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

BOHtox wrote: »
    ....Mark Hughes really did a terrible job here. What's harry's record like this year compared to hughes'?

There was a table shown last week that put QPR 10th from the results since Redknapp came in at end of November.

Hughes only managed 4 points from his 12 games in charge this season.

Fernandes has re affirmed his support for the club. If (when) they do go down, can he keep most of the squad together and get straight up. Newcastle have been the only club recently I can think of that did. They could not offload a lot of their players due to wages. QPR may find themselves is the same boat.

2-0 down to two Berbatov goals courtesy of two Samba mistakes, one a penalty.

I thought Samba would galvanise the Qpr defense, being a Blackburn fan and having witnessed him single handedly earn us points, but he looks horribly unfit. His time in Russia sees to have him way off the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I know QPR fans like hill as he looks a bit more committed than others but that doesn't make any difference when you are that bad a defender. The commentator said he mistimed the challenge that he got the yellow card for bit how slow both physically and mentally do you have to be to be that late in a challenge

3-0 now, Fulham attack toying with Qpr at times.

• Advertisement

Taarabt scores a great individual goal to give a glimmer of hope.

3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I know QPR fans like hill as he looks a bit more committed than others but that doesn't make any difference when you are that bad a defender. The commentator said he mistimed the challenge that he got the yellow card for bit how slow both physically and mentally do you have to be to be that late in a challenge

lol prophetic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

QPR are surely doomed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Loic Remy arrested on suspicion of rape,could be just another wannabe wag crying wolf but if true it really fooks up any thoughts he had of moving to a big EPL club from QPR.The only place he'll be moving to is jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

zerks wrote: »
    Loic Remy arrested on suspicion of rape,could be just another wannabe wag crying wolf but if true it really fooks up any thoughts he had of moving to a big EPL club from QPR.The only place he'll be moving to is jail.
    The scrubs isn't too far away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

He wouldn't be playing championship anyway. Could lose QPR a lot of money though. Let's hope justice will be done at the end of the day

• Advertisement

Not a bad start to the season folks, another great result today, albeit leaving it very late. Scott Parker would be a fantastic acquisition before the window shuts

Parker would be a solid signing but he will need to take a wage drop,We need to put some sort of salary cap in place to avoid similar problems from last season.

Parker would be a huge signing but i'd rather another CB and Striker brought in.

Good signings by Arry yesterday,Kranjčar is a quality signing a should do well at championship level,Assou-Ekotto should also show his class at this level,Don't know much about this Tom Carroll chap but another midfielder is not really what we needed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

non QPR fan taking a guess, but is it something like this you would expect to line up like this year:

................Cesar

L.Young...R.Dunne...N.Onuoha....A.Ekotto

..........A.Faurlin...J.Barton

SW.Phillips...N.Kranjcar....J.Hoilett

...............B.Zamora

R.Green, C.Hill, A.Traoré/D.Simpson, Diakité, T.Caroll, J.Jenas, A.Johnson

of course now looking at it Hill is your captain so maybe he would start. Wasn't sure who to give the nod to between Diakite & Faurlin too but for a championship side that squad would have to be expected to do well. Can't believe Cessar is still there especially with Green on the bench

non QPR fan taking a guess, but is it something like this you would expect to line up like this year:

................Cesar

L.Young...R.Dunne...N.Onuoha....A.Ekotto

..........A.Faurlin...J.Barton

SW.Phillips...N.Kranjcar....J.Hoilett

...............B.Zamora

R.Green, C.Hill, A.Traoré/D.Simpson, Diakité, T.Caroll, J.Jenas, A.Johnson

of course now looking at it Hill is your captain so maybe he would start. Wasn't sure who to give the nod to between Diakite & Faurlin too but for a championship side that squad would have to be expected to do well. Can't believe Cessar is still there especially with Green on the bench

Be more like

.........................Green

Simpson....N.Onuoha........Dunne/Hill.......A.Ekotto

Kranjar.........Barton.............Henry...........Hoilett (When Back from Injury)

.............Austin................Andy Johnson

• Advertisement

Ladies and Gents, We're on Twitter & Facebook. There have been a few meet-ups where 30+ Rs fans have turned up. Join/follow the 2 accounts below if you're interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108174315876439/ (Irish Rs Superhoops)

@Qprireland IrishRs(Superhoops)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Request sent.

Strange one isn't it.

Anyways Samba will be a massive signing, the guy is a beast, loved him at Blackburn, wouldn't be surprised if Nelsen had something to do with it as a parting gift.
    Massive pair of shorts anyway:rolleyes:

Yossi Benayoun signs on short term deal,Decent enough player with bundles of experience,Benayoun has played for Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal plus is/was captain of the national team so hopefully he can push on for the 2nd half of the season.

Is Kranjcar leaving in January?
    Not really sure I see the point of signing Benayoun, even with Faurlin missing.

Harry is on a mission to get promotion this season and will sign anybody he can if he thinks it will improve the squad. But how many midfielders do you need?
    Besides all the midfielders he has signed Chevanton and Onyewu and they havent gotten a look in.
    You cant really argue against a team thats top of the league even if it seems they havent really got going yet

earlytobed wrote: »
    Harry is on a mission to get promotion this season and will sign anybody he can if he thinks it will improve the squad.

Mark Hughes the second!

Its a proven goalscorer that's required.

Agree.... injury to Austin would leave team short of options. Johnson almost certain to be injured

I'd be very surprised if a forward didn't come in in January. Though I suspect a loan is more likely... Adebayor seemed a possibility but who knows now with AVB sacked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement