Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Adebayor unlikely now that he scored a couple for spuds at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

earlytobed wrote: »
    Adebayor unlikely now that he scored a couple for spuds at the weekend

Jaysus,I rather we stayed away from him anyway,He would probably be a rocket in the Championship but i think he has a bad attitude and wages would be huge.

If we could get someone like Aspas from Liverpool,Becchio from Norwich or Cardiff's Nicky Maynard on loan until the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Right full needed now as well with the inevitable injury to Simpson.

Squelchy wrote: »
    Right full needed now as well with the inevitable injury to Simpson.

Max Ehmer has been recalled,Wonder would it be worth Arry giving Ole a bell at Cardiff and look at bringing in Connolly till the end of the season,Would slot in well and knows the club inside out

Kevin Doyle & Aaron Hughes are quality

Hopefully Kevin Doyle can kick start his career by scoring a lot of goals for the hoops!

So far so good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

Taarbt..."Tottenham, QPR and Fulham are good clubs but not as organised and as professional as Milan. :rolleyes: Don't think he'll ever be back in the fold at QPR...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

First is out of the question, 2nd looks more and more unlikely. Still fancy us to go up via the playoffs. To be honest, i'm a bit apprehensive about being promoted. With our squad, we'll get properly demolished by some of the teams. Will Fernandes spend a few quid?

Playoffs it is.
    Austin back in training, Simpson back, hopefully we can get a bit of momentum going into the play offs

One way or another, the squad will have to be rebuilt next season

• Advertisement

earlytobed wrote: »
    One way or another, the squad will have to be rebuilt next season

If QPR do get promoted i'd say rebuilding will be limited to a couple of signings, however if they fail to go up, I would expect a significant exodus of players and a more extreme rebuild.

It's difficult to see this squad come through the play offs. Theres nat a lot of fight in them at the moment.

Anyone got link for match, pm me cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Well I'm quietly confident that QPR can beat Wigan away tonight, or at least draw. Wigan have lost three of their last four games... but are unbeaten at the DW for last 5 matches. Dunne will prob start and I expect numerous goals to be scored, hopefully by QPR, Should be good game to watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Had to laugh at Redknapp saying that Wigan have a better squad than QPR. He has brought in 18 players this season!

• Advertisement

Just a lame attempt to put pressure on Wigan, Harry's the eternal underdog and wants to deflect expectations, he would've said the same about Yeovil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

With an almost full team I expect Rangers to win. Not too many teams are capable of succeeding with their top goal scorer out. If Austin had been fit throughout the season I think they would have gone up automatically.

C'mon U Rs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Finding it very hard to be positive at the moment. A look at the squad is scary stuff. Sixteen players aged 30 and over and seven loan signings who won't be around next season.

Even if QPR beat Wigan and Derby (presumably!) to go up a total squad transformation will be required yet again. Not a good basis to be facing the Prem again and sadly, it could be 2011-13 all over again.

ollaetta wrote: »
    Finding it very hard to be positive at the moment. A look at the squad is scary stuff. Sixteen players aged 30 and over and seven loan signings who won't be around next season.

Even if QPR beat Wigan and Derby (presumably!) to go up a total squad transformation will be required yet again. Not a good basis to be facing the Prem again and sadly, it could be 2011-13 all over again.
    I can't even see us getting through these play-offs, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Even if QPR beat Wigan and Derby (presumably!) to go up a total squad transformation will be required yet again.

Plus they'll have a whopping great 8-figure "Fair Play Tax" bill to look forward to given their losses for the season. They could be looking at forking over £20-30m just to get into the PL, without signing a single player

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »

Try again. Fail again. Fail better. Rather face a rebuild preparing for the Premiership, rather than the exodus of players if QPR stay in championship. Starting tonight...

QPR: Green; Simpson, Onuoha, Dunne, Hill; Hoilett, Barton, O’Neil, Traore; Morrison; Austin. Subs: Murphy, Carroll, Yun, Doyle, Hughes, Henry, Kranjcar.

Wigan: Carson; Boyce, Caldwell, Kiernan; Perch, Gomez, McArthur, Beasejour; McManaman, Fortune, Maloney. Subs: Al Habsi, McClean, Espinoza, Barnett, Maynard, Waghorn, Collison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Happy enough with that. Would have taken 0-0 at the start so all to play for on Monday night.

The 0 - 0 result is OK by me. And a result at Shepherd's Bush must be on the cards. But again, if we go up ........ serious consideration must be given to getting young hungry players into the squad. I know 'Arry is the man for the occasion but maybe a fellow like Darren Ferguson (if Peterborough don't make it), or Eddie Howe. Fellows with a decent record who are ambitious and who are proud ........ and straight talkers.
    If we go up and 'Arry decides to stay ........ much as I admire him ...... I think his star is in the descendant ......... possibly fucked by the media campaign for the England job. A young Martin O Neill type, I don't know why Holloway got the high jump at Loftus Rd ....... and he obviously lost the dressing room at Palace. I think he's still sending his CVs around.
    But FFS get a young ambitious manager ....... Nigel Clough could be interested.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go! :)

COYVB wrote: »
    Plus they'll have a whopping great 8-figure "Fair Play Tax" bill to look forward to given their losses for the season. They could be looking at forking over £20-30m just to get into the PL, without signing a single player

Ah Jasus lads! Ye sound like a Biblical Jeremiah Barbershop Trio. Great game tonight. If we beat Derby and get up .......... well, we're up. And all you can do is hope for the best. The owner is no slouch when it comes to turning a buck ........ most of these fellows have a nose for things and that includes failure. Presumably his financial vehicle takes the hits/kudos ....... so he will not want to see that get into financial difficulties.
    Now for next game - May 25th :)

article-2626629-1DC9C12100000578-841_634x572.jpg

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Now for next game - May 25th :)
    You might want to check your calendar there. ;)

You might want to check your calendar there. ;)
    Hey, thanks for that El Weirdo. Was going to put in for day off on 25th.

Lovely trip now - Wembley Saturday - Ruislip Sunday - London play Galway in the Connaught Championship - Home sometime Monday/Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Is there a new thread? If not is there a point setting one up or can a mod just edit it to just general QPR talk?

Anyway I was just wondering do you reckon QPR have massively reduced their wage bill this year? Only 4 players in and a lot of big earners are gone.
    If they can get a decent price for Taarabt that would be most of the deadwood out of the squad. I think it would take another year of solid rebuilding though until they can reach a good squad of relatively young players who play the 5-3-2 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

At the end of last season, they got eleven players off the payroll who were out of contract, plus the wages of another eight who were on loan and returned to their clubs.

With Julio Cesar now gone too, I'd imagine the wage bill must have been dramatically reduced, even with the four new players brought in this season.

Not sure they're gonna get too much for Taarabt, plus Spurs get 40% of any fee. He has the ability to be world class, but unfortunately seems determined to waste his talent.

• Advertisement

Yeah Taarabt can leave for peanuts would not bother me,Has an attitude that could be a cancer throughout a squad.

Fer will be a quality signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Just noticed the change in the title, cheers to whichever mod did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Did anyone hear what Harry said about Vargas in his press conference?

Something about he doesn't know where he is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Faurlin has done is cruciate for the third time in 3 years - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28980682

Advertisement