Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 card says i have reached limit AFTER they took my money.. And i spent it..

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I walked into the O2 store near me today. I walked to the lady at the till and i handed her €122 and asked her could she top up my card by €120. She said yes, I said thank you.
    She inputted numbers and my details into her machine. At no point did the computer say no.
    She then handed me back my card and receipt and told me that the money would take 10 minutes to appear on the card. I said that was fine and left the shop.
    I got home, logged into O2 money, and my card was topped up. I logged into Amazon.de and purchased this which cost me €114.95 delivered.

Since then, i received an email from Amazon:
    Thank you for your order, Allyall!
    Would you like to change your order?
    To review or change your order, please visit our website at www.Amazon.de and click on "My Account," you will find the top right of every page.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ordering Information:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]E-mail address: boardsie@boards.ie[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Billing Address:
    My Name
    My Address in
    Leinster
    Ireland

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Address
    [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]My Name
    My Address in
    Leinster
    Ireland [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total for this order: EUR 114.95[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Order Summary:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Details of the delivery: ARCTIC GmbH[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Order number:[/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]a load of numbers[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Standard Shipping[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Article:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]EUR 99.95[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Packaging and delivery:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]EUR 15.00[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total amount:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]EUR 114.95[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

Delivery date: 31 January 2013 - 18th February 2013[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"ARCTIC MC001-N - Home Entertainment Center - Multimedia Computers - PC barebone"
    Electronics; EUR 99.95
    In Stock.
    Sold by: ARCTIC GmbH[/SIZE][/FONT]

Then 9 minutes later (I only noticed it now)

I received this from O2
    Hi Allyall,
    You recently tried to top up your O2 Money card. Unfortunately this could not go through because the total top up amount on your O2 Money card in the last 12 months has been greater than the €2,500 limit.
    To continue using your card you just need to pop into any O2 Store and verify your name and address details by presenting the following documents:
    (a) One of the following valid photo ID:
    • Passport
    • Driving Licence, Full or Provisional
    • EU Identity Card
    AND
    (b) One of the documents listed below:
    • Utility bill (paper or online printout)-
      Gas, Electricity, Mobile/landline phone, Cable/Satellite TV
    • Bank, Building Society or Credit Card statement or official bank correspondence
    • Official correspondence from a Government dept. (e.g. Revenue)
    • Social Insurance Documents
    Please note that the document must be dated less than three months old when you bring it to the O2 store and it must show your name and address exactly as you have registered them with O2 Money
    Unfortunately you will not be able to top up your card until you have presented these two documents in an O2 Store. However, you can continue to use any money remaining on your card as before.
    If you have any questions about your O2 Money card, check out our FAQ on o2money.ie
    Thank you.
    Lorraine,
    O2 Money Team.

Now, i know the guy in the store, so it shouldn't be a problem convincing him who i am without ID. But my question is, will this hinder my delivery?

Have O2 stalled my payment? Or has it gone through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Credit card transactions normally take a few days (2-3) before the money is actually transferred. You should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Log into your O2 Money account & check your balance, I've found the transactions update to be pretty much instant

They also colour code the transactions:

Blue: Completed Transaction
    Grey: Incomplete Transaction
    Red: Declined Transaction

& you will see whether it has gone through....

Log into your O2 Money account & check your balance, I've found the transactions update to be pretty much instant

They also colour code the transactions:

Blue: Completed Transaction
    Grey: Incomplete Transaction
    Red: Declined Transaction

& you will see whether it has gone through....

It's grey.. :(
    But i only did it today, so maybe (hopefully) it will take a few days, as Paulw said.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Allyall wrote: »
    It's grey.. :(
    But i only did it today, so maybe (hopefully) it will take a few days, as Paulw said.

Just go to your local O2 shop with the required info, then you should be ok, maybe the Amazon retailer only take the payment when the goods are dispatched, the funds could only at the moment being "held" until then...??

• Advertisement

Just go to your local O2 shop with the required info, then you should be ok, maybe the Amazon retailer only take the payment when the goods are dispatched, the funds could only at the moment being "held" until then...??

Yeah, hoping that's the case. I will try and get to the O2 shop tomorrow, hopefully the guy i know is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Do you not have ID? The guy you know probably can't fix this for you if not. He may be obliged to scan your ID to keep on file before your account can be reactivated, for various reasons relating to money laundering and financial transactions (Specifically, The Criminal Justice Act 2010)

passive wrote: »
    Do you not have ID? The guy you know probably can't fix this for you if not. He may be obliged to scan your ID to keep on file before your account can be reactivated, for various reasons relating to money laundering and financial transactions (Specifically, The Criminal Justice Act 2010)

... :rolleyes:

No ID for the name on this card..

It's a 'pseudonym'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

iv had this happen , what ever money is on your o2 card you can still use , but to continue using it by topping it up , you need to visit an o2 store with the required info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

... :rolleyes:

No ID for the name on this card..

:rolleyes: well good luck then. I'm sure o2 have a button there to let their employees waive this legal requirement when they know a fella.

• Advertisement

antocann wrote: »
    iv had this happen , what ever money is on your o2 card you can still use , but to continue using it by topping it up , you need to visit an o2 store with the required info

Did they scan in your ID and bills? Or do they just go "yeah that's fine"?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It sounds like this requirement is there to avoid Money Laundering. Any organisation offering a financial service has to abide by this legislation. Bring some ID with you and get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

They can log in and update your account immediately. You can top up there and then again if you want.
    You will need the id and proof of address

Not sure why you're using a pseudonym on a card but in any case if you have all your account details, proof of identity and proof of address - assuming your proof of address and id will match up and your 02 account address is your real address you'll be fine.

They take a copy of your proof documents so if you're on the run or something then you're a bit out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Did they scan in your ID and bills? Or do they just go "yeah that's fine"?

They scan them.

passive wrote: »
    :rolleyes: well good luck then. I'm sure o2 have a button there to let their employees waive this legal requirement when they know a fella.

I had replied to this? I must have not posted by accident.

Yeah, i know, but i can only try. I have no ID for the made up name. But Postman, Neighbours all know it's me, so getting items delivered has been no problem. Obviously topping up has been no problem until now.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It should be obvious, that no matter how trivial it might seem, that discussion of how to circumvent Know Your Customer/Anti-Money laundering requirements is not in the least bit welcome on this board.

Advertisement