Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

roads around Rathdrum/Glenealy

• 22-01-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Have to drive to Rathdrum from Dublin tomorrow morning for 10am. What were roads like this morning? is it too risky? don't have a 4wd!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Main roads are well treated, no snow when passing through rathdrum this evening. Just take it easy if you dont know the roads. Are you heading for the town centre? Only the main roads are treated so side roads maybe slippy in patches, but frost is not too heavy down this way tonight.(small bit of rain earlier) I'll be heading for Dublin around 6am and have had no problems any morning, and I have a front wheel drive car;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Is the Wicklow gap accessible in a normal car, or is it still icy? Want to bring the kids to some snow!!!

Its winter time, i would never suggest to anyone to attempt the wicklow or sally gaps at this time of year unless they are super competent (and equipped) at driving in the conditions you may face.

You dont want to end up stuck up there with cold children, to be saved red faced by voluntary mountain rescue.

If your super competant and equipped, go for it. If not, or are in any doubt, dont. Whatever snow remains there now is not going to be the nice fluffy kind for kids to play in, but the horrible, solid frozen slush and ice that makes driving lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Thanks for the driving tips.

Anyone who has actually been there over the weekend?
    Looks fine here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82804026&postcount=21

No problem, great you've taken them on board;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭stilltryingit

Main roads are well treated, no snow when passing through rathdrum this evening. Just take it easy if you dont know the roads. Are you heading for the town centre? Only the main roads are treated so side roads maybe slippy in patches, but frost is not too heavy down this way tonight.(small bit of rain earlier) I'll be heading for Dublin around 6am and have had no problems any morning, and I have a front wheel drive car;)

Thanks a million Wicklowandy, the trip went fine!

Advertisement