Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post warning

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭

Just found this on The best shop
    Dear Customers.
    This morning we had a phone call from Dublin Airport Security.
    We have been told that from now on we and other e-cig vendors cannot send any liquids by AnPost Ireland.
    Even clean water is prohibited!
    If they will find even small amount of liquid inside any package they will destroy it without notice.
    Full list of prohibited items have been posted on AnPost Ireland website

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Sending+Mail/Speed/Prohibited+items.htm

You can see there:
    "Liquids (of any kind including water, alcohol, gels, creams, aftershaves and perfumes)"

We're trying to find some other way to ship e-liquids, maybe DHL Express would help us with this.
    We just don't know yet.
    Hopefully we can get back to normal soon.

Regards
    TBS Team

just a heads up for anybody getting juice through an post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Don't the Thebestshop not ship by Fastway couriers anyways? All my packages are delivered by Fastway couriers. Obviously this would be relevant towards other suppliers who ship by Anpost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Don't the Thebestshop not ship by Fastway couriers anyways? All my packages are delivered by Fastway couriers. Obviously this would be relevant towards other suppliers who ship by Anpost.

As far as i recall from the last time i ordered from them you're given a choice,but fastway was always only 50cent more expensive anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

From the link above, An Post will not handle liquids on international post.
    If you're ordering from an Irish shop and delivery is domestic and within Ireland I don't see the problem,.

Oh ok...I thought it was standard cause my cart at TBS at the moment is only giving fastway couriers and it was the same yesterday aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

From the link above, An Post will not handle liquids on international post.
    If you're ordering from an Irish shop and delivery is domestic and within Ireland I don't see the problem,.
    That rules out so ordering nicotine and e liquid from China, America and elsewhere in the future so by cheap airmail deliveries, it will all have to come now via couriers at exorbitant shipping costs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

This is international outbound post, so I don't think it affects deliveries coming TO Ireland from overseas.

I hope not anyway, as I always order perfumes / makeup whatever from outside Ireland.

Silverfish wrote: »
    I hope not anyway, as I always order perfumes / makeup whatever from outside Ireland.
    Yeah me too :D

I just pulled this off the Royal Mail website http://www.royalmail.com/small-medium-business/international-business/using-international-services/delivery-other-countries/irish-republic

Section 4 under Prohibitions mentions that AnPost is not accepting liquids due to IATA regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I was going to order with TBS earlier and once I noticed Fastway was their carrier now I decided not to, but the site says that this will apply to all mail carrying liquid. Seems like sending it domestically would be ok but this isn't evident in their options for delivery methods.

I only really was happy to use normal post as it comes in through my door without being signed for, I'm not usually in to receive things like this. Can someone suggest another vendor to me that will drop me off some stuff through regular post? There's no alternative to Fastway on TBS' site.

I was going to order with TBS earlier and once I noticed Fastway was their carrier now I decided not to, but the site says that this will apply to all mail carrying liquid. Seems like sending it domestically would be ok but this isn't evident in their options for delivery methods.

I only really was happy to use normal post as it comes in through my door without being signed for, I'm not usually in to receive things like this. Can someone suggest another vendor to me that will drop me off some stuff through regular post? There's no alternative to Fastway on TBS' site.
    I have tried 2 other websites to check if they still delever juice by an post and they still give that option on check out, but might be prudent to wait as they might not have had time to make the changes to their website's yet if it affects internal post and not just international.

• Advertisement

kiffy wrote: »
    Yeah me too :D

If this is true I'm going to smell like crap because 1) I won't have perfume and 2) I'll be back on the smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I have tried 2 other websites to check if they still delever juice by an post and they still give that option on check out, but might be prudent to wait as they might not have had time to make the changes to their website's yet if it affects internal post and not just international.

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

I've used TBS for a lot of orders recently and always opt for the fastway option. As long as the package will fit through the letterbox, the driver will pop it through, had this happen twice last week.

This option is fine for me as everything I've received from them has been really well wrapped.

They aren't international though? Pretty sure it's only international, if it's to do with the IATA.

superneat wrote: »
    I've used TBS for a lot of orders recently and always opt for the fastway option. As long as the package will fit through the letterbox, the driver will pop it through, had this happen twice last week.

This option is fine for me as everything I've received from them has been really well wrapped.
    I'm the same as Lenny very seldom in to sign for it. so Fastaways is not a good option for me either, but I'm not sure doers this new ruling cover domestic deliveries or just deliveries arriving in Ireland being sent to shops and business's etc?

They aren't international though? Pretty sure it's only international, if it's to do with the IATA.
    Hope your right and TBS has got the wrong end of the stick

Hope your right and TBS has got the wrong end of the stick

I think they might have, I hope they do anyway.

I have an order on the way via USPS so I hope that gets through :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

I literally just ordered stuff from esmokeireland :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

But why?

• Advertisement

Burdock wrote: »
    I literally just ordered stuff from esmokeireland :/

So did I, and I got it today, which makes me think it's just international.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

So did I, and I got it today, which makes me think it's just international.

Hopefully ! I suppose I'll find out in a couple of days

What I can't understand about this is? Did anyone know anything about this, how can anyone enforce this regulation when the public have no idea it existed, have never been informed this was about to be implemented.

Half the County could have ordered some form of liquids from abroad not knowing that if they were detected the contents would be destroyed or dumped.

Watched the news tonight before work and saw no mention of it.

Just had a look there and this has been in place since 2001.

Just had a look there and this has been in place since 2001.

Should have guessed, Ireland always decades behind every other bugger :)
    But they still should have made it public they they are about to start enforcing it 12 years after everyone had forgotten about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Just not enforced? I'm loathe to use the term, but that's pretty fùcking Irish.

Breaking News: Same-sex marriage legalised in controversial new bill passed in 1922!

grindle wrote: »
    Just not enforced? I'm loathe to use the term, but that's pretty fùcking Irish.

Breaking News: Same-sex marriage legalised in controversial new bill passed in 1922!

Bloody hell it's legal, I'm fecking off then before they make it compulsory :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Too late Kiffy, we have you surrounded.

*snap of latex in the background*

grindle wrote: »
    Too late Kiffy, we have you surrounded.

*snap of latex in the background*
    I'm keeping my back to the wall then, there will be no "form a circle" with me and "it's ur turn in the barrell tonight" :p

• Advertisement

Apparently it was always enforced, lots of people complaining about it back to 2002, just depended on whether it was declared as liquids or not.

Eg. "I want to post these bottles of X in this box" - not okay

"I want to post this box" - okay

Advertisement