Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will unlocked iPhones work on 3?

• 22-01-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi folks. I'm on the 3 network and put my sim into a friend's old phone the other day and was unable to send or receive texts or get 3g. The chap in the 3 store informed me that this is because the 3 sim would only work with a 3 phone.

So, does anyone know if I were to buy an unlocked iPhone (that was with a different network beforehand) whether it would work with my 3 sim? iPhone 4/4s if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The sim will work in any properly unlocked iPhone, there are 3 instances where it won't, The phone is Blacklisted, Jailbroken or it's an iPhone 1 which isn't 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

The sim will work in any properly unlocked iPhone, there are 3 instances where it won't, The phone is Blacklisted, Jailbroken or it's an iPhone 1 which isn't 3G.

Smashing stuff. Cheers.

Was apprehensive given that I can only make and receive calls on this unlocked HTC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Ekels wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm on the 3 network and put my sim into a friend's old phone the other day and was unable to send or receive texts or get 3g. The chap in the 3 store informed me that this is because the 3 sim would only work with a 3 phone.

So, does anyone know if I were to buy an unlocked iPhone (that was with a different network beforehand) whether it would work with my 3 sim? iPhone 4/4s if that helps.

You may have to connect to iTunes on a computer to allow the installation of the 3 carrier settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The phone being jailbroken has absolutely no revelance to whether it will work with a 3 sim or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I really don't know what you are asking.

Can you make and receive call on the unit, just not texts and data?

• Advertisement
Advertisement