Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love this place

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I don't post much in here, but I am a compulsive follower of the forum.
    I just want everyone, particularly the handful of wise heads that understand the ins and outs of meteorological science to know how much I appreciate the work they do explaining it all to those, like me, who know a bit of meteo stuff as it happens, but who can't forecast the weather like they can.

It's great chatting with everyone be they wise head or regular punter and reading about whatever is going on, be it snow, a hurricane, an Atlantic storm, what the summer might be like or even the boring old grey drudge we get so often in Ireland.

Thanks to all of you for making this place what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Just to second what Tom said.
    Don't post much as I cannot really add value to the discussion as I know very little about the weather (I am learning a little though), but i have thoroughly enjoyed reading over the past couple of months and just want to thank all those who have posted an made it so enjoyable and i would like to post a special word of thanks to all the very knowledgeable posters whose insight is invaluable to the discussion and who enable us lesser knowledgeable ( and i am being kind even branding myself that) to learn.
    A final word of thanks to the mods for doing a very good job when all hell is breaking loose and posting everywhere and anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Don't post much as I cannot really add value to the discussion as I know very little about the weather (I am learning a little though), but i have thoroughly enjoyed reading over the past couple of months and just want to thank all those who have posted an made it so enjoyable and i would like to post a special word of thanks to all the very knowledgeable posters whose insight is invaluable to the discussion and who enable us lesser knowledgeable ( and i am being kind even branding myself that) to learn.
    A final word of thanks to the mods for doing a very good job when all hell is breaking loose and posting everywhere and anywhere.

There is no better place than the weather forum on boards if there is a possibility of snow, better than any TV Show! I'm always disappointed when the weather breaks down and the place goes quiet, it wont be long until the next Raging Easterly shows up in FI and we'll all be back here again! The past few weeks have been frustrating but lots of fun!

I'm another lurker who never says much here (partly because I know sweet f all). I've been following this forum in a big way since November 2010 and before that I'd always check in for MTs forecasts.

Have to say though, this is the only part of boards that is bookmarked on my iPhone but it is a great forum and I really enjoy it especially during the cold snaps...

I'm another that just wants to say thanks for all the enjoyment over the part fortnight or so. Now I wouldnt know an isobar from an isotherm at the best of times but I've enjoyed reading all the model reading and forecasting as well as the excitement of snow and banter.
    Keep up the good work everyone.

BTW Will Wexford get any snow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I have to disagree with you on one thing carltonleon. Everybody can add to the discussion no matter how little knowledge they may think they have of the models etc.

Reports of conditions in different areas are very helpful in judging the current situation, or nowcasting.

I know on more than one occasion I have seen a quick post from someone saying they just saw lightning in some part of Galway and after a quick check of the radar I will jump in the car and try and get in front of the cell. I have taken video of a funnel cloud on one such occasion.

So don't be afraid to contribute, that's what the chat threads are for.

It was the weather forum that brought me to boards.ie in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Also a regular lurker but not much of a poster, although hope some of my nowcasts helped the last few days. Anyway, only really posting as I wouldn't like to see the forum lose any more experts (whatever's gone on), even if they were the bearers of bad news/ reality checks on many occasions!

Advertisement