Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 5-A-Side Soccer Games?

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if there are any groups from the charlesland area who play astro and are stuck for a player or two. Im new in the area and im mad for a game of astro but unfortunetly i dont know many in the area to organise a game! I'm no Messi but i do play a bit of gaa so im good at getting in the way and im fairly unfit at this time of year so im looking for a low expectation father ted over 70's pace game if anyone knows of one or plays regularly:D
    If you can help me out please pm me and ill be happy to get in the way of the other team:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Send Astrofluff a PM, I think he is involved on a Monday night with football there. I hear he is not great at dribbling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Have plenty of people at the moment - there's a list up in the centre for people looking for spots. you might have some luck there for the moment.

@John, was that you cheering me on with your pompoms on Monday? ;)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 bogeak

Hi there
    Seanie21, I can organize 5 lads, including myself, if you can get another 5 we can play. Not this week/weekend, I'm away.
    please, pm, if interested.
    tks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seanie21

Hi Bogeak,
    That would be great except im new around here so i dont know anyone to ask unfortunetly. If anyone is up for a game on here pm me and we will try organise a game. Cheers guys for the tips much appreciated.
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2 Hell and Back

Seanie21 wrote: »
    Hi Bogeak,
    That would be great except im new around here so i dont know anyone to ask unfortunetly. If anyone is up for a game on here pm me and we will try organise a game. Cheers guys for the tips much appreciated.
    Sean
    Me and my mate might be interested in playing Sean. I'm terrible but will run about. He's not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 liamdunne81

I play with a group of lads at 6pm on a Tuesday. We haven't had enough players for the past few weeks so if you or anyone else wants a game send me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 26 liamdunne81

there's a game of indoor in shoreline from 5 -6 this evening (sat) if anyones interested? give me a text if you fancy a game 0857300744

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roundmoss

Sean we have a game on Thursday night 8.00 - 9.00
    on larger Astro pitches in Charlesland. Due to injuries, work, etc
    a fair few regular lads have dropped out, so we have been scrambling
    every week to get 6 a side, (up to 7 a side is fine on big pitch)
    Mixed ages but mostly from 35 to 45, good bunch of lads.
    Mixed ability, not too combatative but we mix teams to try to
    keep the games competitive.
    If you or any other lads available (regularly) at this time
    text me on 0872214396

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

Hi Sean,

Know its a late reply but if you haven't got sorted a few friends and myself play Thursday nights from 9 - 10. Ages are mixed mainly from 25-35 and one or two the odd week in the 40's, but most of us couldn't kick snow off a rope and were/are hurlers, rugby players or footballers (GAA), so its not taken that seriously, more just a bit of fun. You can PM me if you want come along to try it some week.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

Hi just saw this now even though its a year old. I'm 31 and at a decent standard. Would love to get a regular game midweek evening if anyone is short players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Dmangan wrote: »
    Hi just saw this now even though its a year old. I'm 31 and at a decent standard. Would love to get a regular game midweek evening if anyone is short players.
    We have an indoor match every Tuesday from 7 to 8 if you're interested in shoreline.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

We have an indoor match every Tuesday from 7 to 8 if you're interested in shoreline.

Cheers. Sent you a message there with my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If anyone is ever looking for a game of soccer, my brother organises an 11aside game on a Sunday evening between friends and acquaintances. Ages ranging from (sometimes) 16 to 40's, with a spritely 60+ year old having only retired in the last year or two. Sunday from 6 to about 8.30 (90min game, half time and we generally don't actually get going til after 6.30 once we wait for people to arrive, change, warm up and tog out).

Any interest just drop me a PM with your name and number - I'll pass it on to my brother. He sends a text on a Saturday and then starts the sometimes painful search for 22 (or 24...) players.

We've had a few people join the game that knew no one else to start with, so don't let that put you off. One fella just happened to be jogging past one night and joined in! Now he has made good mates and has been on a lads holiday to the Madrid derby with a few of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 coolhandd

There is a game Thursday evening at 9pm at the astro pitches at Go Gym if anyone would like a run out. Relaxed and mixed standard so all are welcome.

Advertisement