Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change glass on galaxy s2

Options
  • 23-01-2013 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried it? Is it hard to do? Only need to change the glass, phone works perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What happened? A crack?

Other threads:
    Mad Benny wrote: »
    I bought a replacement screen on EBAY for €125 delivered. I'm sorry I didn't see this.

It looks very tricky replacing the screen. I've watched people doing it on youtube and read some horror stories in forums of it going wrong.

elderlemon wrote: »
    Chinese guy in Bray near the dart station - very good and very reasonable. 01- 204-1672. Got my HTC fixed there last year and very satisfied.

Germario wrote: »
    Moore st traders all quoting €150. You would be better going to the guy on adverts.ie

Guy, mentioned from earlier thread- doing it for €135 in Dublin.
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-repair-services/samsung-galaxy-s1-i9000-s1-i9001-s2-i9100-quick-lcd-repair-genuine/1103250

I've no affiliation with any of the aforementioned people, and I've no clue about the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Fell and cracked. Phone working perfect.

Yeah, then it is probably best to go with the folks mentioned in the earlier post.
    Do you live in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

No. I want see is it possible to do it myself. The glass on ebay is around a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

It can be done diy using a hairdryer. As the glass gets hotter the adhesive allows the broken screen to be removed by yanking iit off slowly using a non metal object. Use a tweezzers to pick any remaining specks of glass out of the adhesive. Do not remove the adhesive from digiitiser from which the glass screen is attached or else u are in touble. Quite a few videos of it oon youtube.

• Advertisement

Whoa! Best of luck. Do tell us how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

leinster93 wrote: »
    It can be done diy using a hairdryer. As the glass gets hotter the adhesive allows the broken screen to be removed by yanking iit off slowly using a non metal object. Use a tweezzers to pick any remaining specks of glass out of the adhesive. Do not remove the adhesive from digiitiser from which the glass screen is attached or else u are in touble. Quite a few videos of it oon youtube.

good luck with hairdryer. You will probably end up with broken digitizer/lcd.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

I've done it myself and works perfect. It is tedious to do. If not comfortable doing it then it's best to get it professionally done.

Advertisement