Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training For Wordpress

• 23-01-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭

Would anyone provide me with some one to one training with wordpress.
    Things like editing sliders and changing images and aligning text correctly.
    Creating bullet points that sort of thing.
    Looking for about 4 Hours worth
    What would u guys charge .
    Anywhere in Dublin/Wicklow
    Thanks
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

SteveAdti wrote: »
    Thanks
    Steve

Hi Steve.

Was your site developed by a company or a friend or...?

I only ask as ideally I'd reccommend you get training from the person that designed/developed your site.

That's not to say that you should even if you can get a better deal elsewhere, however.

Also have you had a look on youtube and the like? There's a vast amount of tutorials out there for Wordpress.

Also, this should probably go here --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055802922

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Could a mod please move this to the correct place. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Thanks
    Steve

Steve, I do one to one training and free tutorials on my site. I am based in Tullamore, so I could be to expensive for you, when I take travel expenses into account, for just 4 hours training (normally we do a full day. If you can not get anyone local send me exactly what you need with your url and I will write up Tutorials for you to cover your needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

B1gft wrote: »
    Steve, I do one to one training and free tutorials on my site. I am based in Tullamore, so I could be to expensive for you, when I take travel expenses into account, for just 4 hours training (normally we do a full day. If you can not get anyone local send me exactly what you need with your url and I will write up Tutorials for you to cover your needs.

Assuming he did avail of your service why would you not do it over Skype or some such?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Thanks for the replys so far. I have two websites that are powered by wordpress and i generally understand the back end . I just need some training one to one.
    I have found issues like adding content i would add an external link to a post . i would highlight the link and make it active. However the front end it stays as normal text.
    Also their are different text areas on the front end that i cant seem to edit some and not others .
    I think i am only missing obvious things out .
    Have tried following steps from tutorials but the site wont respond fully.
    Another example would be adding a image to media , when i click upload file it wont continue to select which file to upload.
    Strange issues that an experienced person could help me learn how to deal with
    Thanks
    Steve

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replys so far. I have two websites that are powered by wordpress and i generally understand the back end . I just need some training one to one.
    I have found issues like adding content i would add an external link to a post . i would highlight the link and make it active. However the front end it stays as normal text.
    Also their are different text areas on the front end that i cant seem to edit some and not others .
    I think i am only missing obvious things out .
    Have tried following steps from tutorials but the site wont respond fully.
    Another example would be adding a image to media , when i click upload file it wont continue to select which file to upload.
    Strange issues that an experienced person could help me learn how to deal with
    Thanks
    Steve

It sounds like this could potentially be a mixture of inexperience on your part (no shame in that) and also some development issues. For example, if you can't edit certain areas then perhaps these areas where not developed with edits in mind or, dare I say, there where developed as editable content but the site has been badly developed.

Assuming he did avail of your service why would you not do it over Skype or some such?

Looking into Skype, as I want to know it can show the screen as I work on it and the client can see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

In lieu of training (as I study/work), happy to assist with any specific queries. Also, I've written a few userguides in Wordpress for sites I've built, again, happy to share those with you (albeit that they are specific to the sites I've built them for, but will give you a good idea).

Let me know if I can help.

SteveAdti

Look at these two tutorials with photos. They are for WordPress 3.5
    http://donaldold.com/how-to-add-a-link-to-a-page-or-post-on-wordpress/

http://donaldold.com/tag/photos-upload/

On the link make sure you use the http:// not just the www and also if you copy and paste make sure there is only one http://

On the upload of photos, are the photos to large?

On the edit, just edit and hit the update button.

One question. Are you the admin, have you permission to do everything? If you want to check, go to users in your dashboard and see what users are registered.

B1gft wrote: »
    Looking into Skype, as I want to know it can show the screen as I work on it and the client can see it.

Nothing beats face to face conversations but the short answer is "yes, Skype can do this".

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10215/how-do-i-share-my-screen-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

With Skype free you can share with one other account at a time. If you want to share with multiple accounts then you have to go with Skype premium.

• Advertisement

Nothing beats face to face conversations but the short answer is "yes, Skype can do this".

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10215/how-do-i-share-my-screen-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

With Skype free you can share with one other account at a time. If you want to share with multiple accounts then you have to go with Skype premium.

Thanks Fanny, that is exactly what I am looking for.

Advertisement