Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a small loan.

Options
  • 23-01-2013 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a loan of about 2000. Just wondering what are the requirments and where would the best places be to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Morning, The best place would be the bank you have a history with and really the only requirement is that you are able to pay it back. As the saying goes the bank will only give a loan to someone who doesn't really need it :)
    closeline wrote: »
    Just looking for a loan of about 2000. Just wondering what are the requirments and where would the best places be to get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Huggles wrote: »
    Morning, The best place would be the bank you have a history with and really the only requirement is that you are able to pay it back. As the saying goes the bank will only give a loan to someone who doesn't really need it :)

Not sure if they'd give me one though. I wouldn't have that much money in the bank and I wouldn't have that much coming in. how much would you need in the bank and how much money a month would you need to have coming in a month to get a loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Enough that you can comfortable afford repayments. Have a look at the loan calculators on the banks to see what interest works out as.

http://www.aib.ie/personal/loans/Personal-Loan
    Not sure if they'd give me one though. I wouldn't have that much money in the bank and I wouldn't have that much coming in. how much would you need in the bank and how much money a month would you need to have coming in a month to get a loan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

My experience - I am getting 350-390 a week to my account for last 5 years (used to be only 300 for first 2 years), I have no debt at all and pay all my bills on time and I was refused 1500 euro loan from AIB and Ulster.

I requested my credit history statement and it's blank so this might be a reason, so if you have had loan before your chances are higher.

Also as far as I know (I could be wrong) with AIB you can repay loan early with no fees, so maybe you have higher chances if you apply for small weekly/monthly repayments and if you have spare cash you can add it there and it gets paid off quicker.

Advertisement