Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is this yoke?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

anyone know what this is? as far as i can google it's not a ce4 or ce5 or kanger t5... not the ones i can find on irish sites anyway. any other ideas?

have tried to measure it as best i can given i'm using a measuring tape from a christmas cracker :rolleyes:

8406411383_3f9b1c3ab6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

artyeva wrote: »
    anyone know what this is? as far as i can google it's not a ce4 or ce5 or kanger t5... not the ones i can find on irish sites anyway. any other ideas?

have tried to measure it as best i can given i'm using a measuring tape from a christmas cracker :rolleyes:

8406411383_3f9b1c3ab6.jpg
    That's one of them new thingies, that you can buy from whatsinames website, with the funny looking doodaah on top next to the 7mm metal bit yokebob.
    Hope that clears it up for Arty.
    Always glad to help out a fellow vaper whenever I can ;)
    And you can't beat them christmas cracker measuring tapes, I've got a 12" one, but never use it as a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

We'll we call em CE5's mostly over here (philippines). Although seen them called ce5+ ce4+ ce5 mk2 and a bundle of other things. The flat driptip is only from certain manufacturer's and the wicks come in oodles of diff lengths.

Pics attached of one I bought last week in the kits - kinda become the stock ego kit clearo at this point and they come in 5 fruity colors :P

[edit]The Heads from this should fit, however I've seen heads for sale that were about 3mm too short and wouldn't seal properly - gotta love Chinese consistency :rolleyes: http://www.juiceshop.co.uk/product/ce5-atomiser/[/edit]

8407860682_c88baa799e.jpg
    8407860394_f035a8c67e.jpg

I Mentioned in another thread there is a newer version as well with a sprung center post as opposed to being held in with just silicone which gives a nicer connection dunno if yours has that or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Pretty sure I saw the same one as in the OP in the eastcoastvaping shop in Bray just a short while ago. Was just under €15 though, think i asked him 3 times to be sure :D Had it been same price as as Kanger or something like that I would of got one.

Had Tornado written on it as does a lot of Totally Wicked stuff anyway.

Its at the discretion of the purchaser which tips they place their order - the round are more popular though

471061360_439.jpg

This one is pretty cool - allows you to use 510 tips

Smoktech_CE4_adaptor_driptip_Adaptor_CE5_adaptor.jpg

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/623973048/2012_ego_ce5_2_0ml_clearomizer.html

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

God I'm still such a noob.

Why does it say drip tip adapter on wes.deeveys photo if it's obviously a tank?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's so you can use any 510 drip tip instead of the supplied mouthpiece

That's where my confusion lies. I thought a drip tip was one which you used for dripping liquid directly on the atomizer (like you do?)?

How would that work in this setup?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mouthpieces are generally just called drip tips, because you can drip into the hole in the middle of you want to. back in the day it was all ego style tanks so the 510 drip tip with the open mouthpiece was something new and the name just stuck even after cartomisers and everything else

ALL MY CONFUSION.

You've just cleared up something that has been confusing me for a while. I could never understand why people started talking about drip tips when they where clearly showing a picture of a tank.

Feckin mouthpiece...

Or as in my first photo ... "Trip Tip" :P

Engrish is great hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...back in the day...

3sp3xp.jpg

...back in the day...

And mouthPieces were ...

$(KGrHqIOKp0E3uZ2)By!BOCUY06CUQ~~0_1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

well well well... thread has gone from kiffster's humour to deevy's over-sharing via semantics, nomenclature and nostalgia!

ok, closest thing suggested so far seems to be a CE5 with optional flat mouthpiece rather than round. the redux with drip tip adaptor thing looks good, but this is destined for someone where the less components the better.

off a hunting then. cheers deevey. [unless you wanna PM with where you bought yours?;)]

edit/ feck sake. took another look at that green one and it's not the same. the heads on the thing i have are longer and they don't have that metal spike sticking up in the centre of the silicon so wouldn't seal properly.

The Top section looks to be the same size as mine (which btw I bought local in the philippines)

the "spike" is like a flat washer with a cylinder pushed though the middle, if its missing it would most certainly leak and not seal as it adds about 1mm to the height and is on every CE4/CE5/CE6/T3 etc that I've ever seen.

Just replace the unit with a regular old CE5 available from everywhere then and re-use the mouthpiece you have already assuming you like the flat type - :) and you'd possibly be better off with LR heads if you are using it on an Ego.

At least you know you can get spare parts then.

Advertisement