Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails Web Development Grinds

Options
  • 23-01-2013 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello there,

I'm doing a ruby on rails project and I'm looking for some grinds to help me through some parts of it, mainly the model side getting databases working. If your a computers science grad, final year student or web developer with RoR experience you'd probably find the stuff I want to do fairly simple.

I've done Michael Hartl rails tutorial to biuld a mini twitter feed clone so thats about the level I'm at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

franklemon wrote: »
    Hello there,

I'm doing a ruby on rails project and I'm looking for some grinds to help me through some parts of it, mainly the model side getting databases working. If your a computers science grad, final year student or web developer with RoR experience you'd probably find the stuff I want to do fairly simple.

I've done Michael Hartl rails tutorial to biuld a mini twitter feed clone so thats about the level I'm at.
    get your hands on the pragmatic bookstore. You should find a soft copy online. What college are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 franklemon

Thanks I'll check out that book. But I have gone through quite a few books to try and resolve problems I'm having with the model side of things. Bascially when I try to normalize database by introducing link tables and using the has_many_and_belongs_to through relationship convention that ruby uses it breaks.

Someone who has used Ruby for a while could probably point me in the right direction thats why I'm looking for grinds.

I'm in DIT Kevin street btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

thanks creamy they look good. I'll check them out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement