Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RunIreland now using Active network for entries

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

chrissymc wrote: »
    I can only get a reply from the forgoten password giving me my correct password! so no good there cos guess what? try to enter details -- wont accept, i'm going round in circles so hate this new setup. I think race numbers will be down if this is not sorted.

Have you tried a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Its been a disaster altogether. Cant wait for the annual scrum of the Galway 5k series to come around again, the Active servers might be able to handle the traffic better than the Run Ireland ones, but nobody will be able to register.

For the past few weeks I've heard nothing but bad news as people were trying to enter for an 8k race in Maree (Galway) at the weekend and just could not get around the Active website.

Run Ireland seem to have taken a huge step backwards in going forward with this.

Just search for whatever race you're looking for on the active website and register that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Was trying to register for two races over the past week or so.. Missed one of them completely because the registration was such a mess, and the other one took half an hour.. People will give up on registering if its that difficult. There was nothing wrong with the old system, why the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Was trying to register for two races over the past week or so.. Missed one of them completely because the registration was such a mess, and the other one took half an hour.. People will give up on registering if its that difficult. There was nothing wrong with the old system, why the change?

€$£

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I had to use this a while back to sign up for the Rock & Road HM and beyond the initial pain of filling in registration details, it was all very straight forward and done in a matter of minutes.

Are people having issues with specific races, or is it when creating an active.com account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I find I have to log into my active account first, and then search for the race I want to sign up.

If I'm already logged in, the processes is very straightforward.
    If I try to enter a race without being logged first, however, it's a complete pain (until I remember to log in first). There's definitely an issue on the active site, but you can work around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

The Active website is unable to process any requests this evening due to 'higher than normal volume':confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭trailrunner

chrissymc wrote: »
    I have tried to enter races through active global on runireland, impossible they dont accept my email address so i cant login i have emailed them a week ago no answer.
    i have emailed runireland.com no real help, they said i have to reregister but how can i do that if they dont accept my email address as valid even though it is?
    Apparently i have 2 accounts, so cant accept registrations, i have only 1 email address so this is their fault for giving me 2 accounts but i cant get them to fix it by cancelling one account. I'm going round in circles with them. Anyone any suggestions?

Same as , I'm a race director and tried to log in , seems I've two accounts !!!
    Did the password request but no joy, spent hours trying to sort it, emailed the " help line " & the guys in active , still waiting on a reply, 3 weeks later!!!!!:confused: . So vote with your feet guys , lots of other online registration company's out there, that's what I did. Also got a cheaper rate !!!
    Pity coz run ire was great in the past .

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

Same as , I'm a race director and tried to log in , seems I've two accounts !!!
    Did the password request but no joy, spent hours trying to sort it, emailed the " help line " & the guys in active , still waiting on a reply, 3 weeks later!!!!!:confused: . So vote with your feet guys , lots of other online registration company's out there, that's what I did. Also got a cheaper rate !!!
    Pity coz run ire was great in the past .

same here.. i now have 2 accounts as well.. username. password etc.. nothing works .. cant log in.. no idea if money will transfer to the correct bank account .. not impressed with both run ireland (they seem to have shut down) and active.com ..... wont be back next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

I find I have to log into my active account first, and then search for the race I want to sign up.

If I'm already logged in, the processes is very straightforward.
    If I try to enter a race without being logged first, however, it's a complete pain (until I remember to log in first). There's definitely an issue on the active site, but you can work around it.

i would agree.. the active.com. works well when you are logged in, and payment is quick .. the problem is trying to log in to access race details as a race organiser..

I just picked a random race on Run Ireland website, box came up for my active registration and it took my log in straight away. I suspect the problem is with your active accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

I just picked a random race on Run Ireland website, box came up for my active registration and it took my log in straight away. I suspect the problem is with your active accounts.
    You were right about the visa debit btw, as you already know :D
    Rang them and they said they were rolling them out over 6 months or something stupid like that. So i reported my laser card lost ect... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

I am also a race director and have had some trouble with the new site.

Its best to forget about runireland and your logins etc and just register with activeglobal.com. Once registered go back to runireland or find your event on activeglobal and register for your race. It should be straight forward.

Advertisement