Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea (2) V Chelsea (0), Capital 1 Cup, K/O 7:45pm Sky Sports

• 23-01-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Swansea hold a 2 goal lead going into tonights game, for the winners, a cup final at Wembley where Bradford await.

Team news :
    Swansea has a relatively clean bill of health, though will be without Kemy Agustien and Neil Taylor (both ankle).

Central defender Chico is a major doubt for the game, so Garry Monk who started against Stoke at the weekend is expected to continue in his absence.

Michael Laudrup has selected Gerhard Tremmel in all of Swansea's League Cup ties so far and the German keeper should start again on Wednesday night.

Rafa Benitez remains without Nigerian duo Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel, both of whom are on Africa Cup of Nations duty.

David Luiz is unlikely to feature, having picked up an ankle injury which ruled him out of Chelsea's 2-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday.

Oriol Romeu is the only long-term absentee, but the unavailability of the Spaniard as well as Mikel means the 34-year-old Frank Lampard is likely to start his fourth game in just 11 days.

Chelsea starting I reckon will be

Cech

Azpilicueta----Cahill
    JT----Cole

Ramires--Lamps

Oscar
    Mata
    Hazard

Ba

Chelsea to win 2-0 in 90 mins and 3-0 AET.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Is this on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yup, I think Sky Sports 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Lampard to score again tonight and get closer to Tambling's record.

195 and counting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Going to be a fascinating game this, all the pressure of Chelsea yet if they score first I think they'll do enough to win in ET.

Whats the story with away goals. I can easily see a 3-3 score in 90m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Away goals only come into effect in extra time, for example; if its 3-1 to Chelsea at the end of 90 minutes (3-3 agg) it goes to extra time, if it remains 3-1 at the end of extra time Chelsea go through on away goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hoping for a swansea result as our game with them will be called off as itll be the weekend of the final and we are off to st.petersburg the thursday before it and could play a strong team team then not having to worry about sundays game. Gerrin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

If Chelsea can score early then they should go on to qualify.

I just hope Rafa starts with our strongest team.

I've seen bookies offering 9/4 on Chelsea to qualify, could be very tempted with that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've seen bookies offering 9/4 on Chelsea to qualify, could be very tempted with that price.

Tempting indeed I might have some of that action. Will both Ba & Torres start?

• Advertisement

Tempting indeed I might have some of that action. Will both Ba & Torres start?

I'd seriously doubt it, both are better suited to playing up top on their own.

I'm convinved it will be Ba after he was dropped rested, against Arsenal.

Rest of the team picks itself due to injuries and Moses away at the ACN.

If we do need goals in the last few minutes I can see Rafa throwing Torres on buoth agaisnt Southampton he came on as sort of a make shift right winger, which was baffling as Cahill was playing along side Ba. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I fancy Swansea to see this one through

Soups123 wrote: »
    I fancy Swansea to see this one through

If they do, I hope Bradford win it after the teams they've managed to put to the sword along the way.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

klose wrote: »
    Hoping for a swansea result as our game with them will be called off as itll be the weekend of the final and we are off to st.petersburg the thursday before it and could play a strong team team then not having to worry about sundays game. Gerrin

I want a Chelsea win as I'm going to Liverpool that weekend (already booked) and want the game to go ahead. It's a drinking weekend with others as well so no disaster if no match, but I really would prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If they do, I hope Bradford win it after the teams they've managed to put to the sword along the way.
    TBH I dont mind who wins it if its both in the final, Swansea are nice to watch and would be nice to see them pick it up, on the other hand Bradford have had many a sh*t year to deal with would be great for there fans.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pal wrote: »
    If Beneathus wants to win the tie, he needs to go back in time and shoot Ivanovic.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Think we will go through, thats if we continue the kind of recent away form weve had

I dont know will he risk JT tonight.

If he does play it will be at the expense of Ivanovic IMO.

If not, he'll probably lead the side out in the FA cup at the weekend.

Pal wrote: »
    If Beneathus wants to win the tie, he needs to leave Frank on for the whole game and keep Torres off.

That's just childish.

He doesnt have much choice but to play Frank for the 90 mins at the moment, unless Luiz makes a comeback, I suppose keeping one of your top scorers on the bench when ya need goals is alwyas the best thing to do aswell. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Ba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Swansea

Tremmel, Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Routledge, Hernandez, Michu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Come on the Swans, you can do it :). Michu to score and this will be enough for an aggregate win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Chelsea only 15/8 to qualify, it's not great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Ba from the start. A good 6 0 win for Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Ferreira on the bench, grrrrr!! Should be nowhere near the team ahead of some of the younger lads. Such a waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I just threw a dolla on Chelsea to win 3-2. 20/1.
    Sure daft as badgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Swansea have been playing so well recently, I don't think victory is even assured for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Sounds like an NBA game.

Bit of a rave going on in the liberty pre kick off

This should be a cracker with Chelsea having to go for it. Have a Tenner on Ba first goalscorer at 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I've a feeling extra time will be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

niallo27 wrote: »
    This should be a cracker with Chelsea having to go for it. Have a Tenner on Ba first goalscorer at 4/1.

:eek: Thats shocking odds. Anytime scorer maybe but first goalscorer should be atleast 8/1 even for a forward.

PaddyPower?

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek: Thats shocking odds. Anytime scorer maybe but first goalscorer should be atleast 8/1 even for a forward.

PaddyPower?

Your not going get much better than that around, yep it's paddy power.

• Advertisement

Should have been a peno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

klose wrote: »
    Should have been a peno?

No

Was that not a stone wall penalty. He stuck out a leg and caught him.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He stuck out his leg, brought it back and Ba kicked his leg. Definitely not a peno.

• Advertisement

Na he didnt. He pulled it away, Ba ran past him and did the old Pires kick. Stuff like that should see retrospective bans. Would stamp it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ba left his foot in it moreso.

Mushy wrote: »
    No

Yeah your right there

Ya seeing it in slow motion there, he did exaggerate the contact a lot, good spot by the ref.

Ya seeing it in slow motion there, he did exaggerate the contact a lot, good spot by the ref.

We need to stop using euphemism's. He didn't exaggerate it....he engineered it. It's simulation and it's supposed to be against the rules. Officials should start applying the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

On another viewing, Ba should have been booked for that, just threw himself into Davies.

Kirby wrote: »
    We need to stop using euphemism's. He didn't exaggerate it....he engineered it. It's simulation and it's supposed to be against the rules. Officials should start applying the rules.

There was contact though. It wasn't enough for him to go down but I think there was contact.

There was contact though. It wasn't enough for him to go down but I think there was contact.

Yes there was contact. Because Ba kicked him.

And leaving that aside, just because there was "contact" doesn't make it a foul. People falling over after "contact" when it isn't enough to knock them over......are simulating falling over. Thats the key word there. It's ugly and its rampant. It's cheating the governing body should grow some balls and try to stamp it out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its like watching Jack Charlton's Irish team here , long ball central !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

great atmosphere

• Advertisement
Advertisement