Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea (2) V Chelsea (0), Capital 1 Cup, K/O 7:45pm Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Putting the kids picture up here from where?? I think putting the pic up is over the top.
    It's from his feckin' Twitter that everyone just linked to!

https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I wonder will Chelsea fan be giving the ball boy death threats now after getting his twitter account #askFrisk #askOvrebo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Where Hazards from, people kick kids in the ribs all the time, its not violent, its his culture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's creepy that m looking at his Bebo pic or whatever. The Internet is so fast and weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

It's from his feckin' Twitter that everyone just linked to!

https://twitter.com/CHARLIEM0RGAN

Well leave it on twitter then no need to post his picture on here and make a comment about him drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

From his account, 4 hours ago:

The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting

:D

Bloody stupid by Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ball boy not at fault. listen to what Glenn Hoddle said. when your at home and winning, u tend to instruct the ball boys not to rush to get the ball the same u tell ur own players to time waste etc. home advantage in other words. the poor kid probably doing what he has been told to do by the club

Why? It's open for public viewing via his twitter account.

How do you know that is the same kid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Seaneh wrote: »
    The kid is about 17 lads. He's a former Swans academy player, his auld lad is a share holder.

Would it matter if he was the Pope?

Hazard kicked out at someone. Simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Well leave it on twitter then no need to post his picture on here and make a comment about him drinking.

Why not? Because of his age?

• Advertisement

Are you for fcuking real?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

The comments are getting funnier.

Next it will be he jumped on him then got him in a headlock and then and finally stamped the ball out ala rugby style....

He shouldn't have gotten involved no doubt but the kicked the ball from under him.

rumour has it he was banging hazards missus !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ball boy not at fault. listen to what Glenn Hoddle said. when your at home and winning, u tend to instruct the ball boys not to rush to get the ball the same u tell ur own players to time waste etc. home advantage in other words. the poor kid probably doing what he has been told to do by the club

Bollox to that. What he was doing was far more than the usual time wasting. And he got a slight kick, which he made a meal of. As i said earlier, it was stupid by Hazard, and he'll get a ban, but it was no worse than a kick you'd get during any kick about with your mates.

And i'm not a Chelsea fan btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If Boards cant put up minor in irelands twitter surely minor's in the uk is off limits too?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We can look at gifs of him being kicked but not of him.

strange times we live in.......

How do you know for sure its the same kid on twitter and on the pitch?

One thing we can agree on it is strange times we live in......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

rumour has it he was banging hazards missus !!

No that was John Terry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The kid was stupid, but hazard was hella stupid
    (my 2c)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

If Hazard didnt Kick the lad (He is 17 so im not going to call him a kid) could the ref of given him a yellow for time wasting ?

Are you for fcuking real?

yes how do you know. Or did you just find out on the internet who he is. Do you know him.

Do you need to resort to cursing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Go away, seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The comments are getting funnier.

Next it will be he jumped on him then got him in a headlock and then and finally stamped the ball out ala rugby style....

He shouldn't have gotten involved no doubt but the kicked the ball from under him.

I heard your dad went into a restuarant and ate on the food in the restuarant and they had to close the restuarant.

How do you know for sure its the same kid on twitter and on the pitch?

Well his twitter a/c has gone from a few hundred followers to 22,000.

That's good enough for me.

Kiith wrote: »
    Bollox to that. What he was doing was far more than the usual time wasting. And he got a slight kick, which he made a meal of. As i said earlier, it was stupid by Hazard, and he'll get a ban, but it was no worse than a kick you'd get during any kick about with your mates.

And i'm not a Chelsea fan btw.

Not bollox. u cant go kick someone mate. simple as that. the ball boy as said was doing what he was assigned to do ie waste time.

Who is the kid here really? the ballboy or Hazard? a normal adult would have complained to the official channel like a mature adult would do.

U have mature adult players who take it far worse **** from fans/spectators liek rasism. time wasting and u kick the lad?

imagine if Hazard was dark skin and people where yelling racis remarks on him. is he going to kill people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Let's kick racism children out of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need to thread carefully, this lads daddy is one of the highest earning stockholders in KP.. Swansea FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If Hazard didnt Kick the lad (He is 17 so im not going to call him a kid) could the ref of given him a yellow for time wasting ?

Thing is if Hazard did not g near him he would not have obviously fallen on the ball and acted stupid.

Let's kick racism children out of football

lol

Well his twitter a/c has gone from a few hundred followers to 22,000.

That's good enough for me.

Twitter of course. I am sorry, everyone is right and I am wrong because it is Twitter. I shall say good night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sure the kid acted up but it's hard to have sympathy for the players with the example that so many are giving.

The players and governing bodies should lead by example and knock out the cheating culture that's currently spoiling the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I see nothing wrong with Hazards actions. The young lad wants his side to win so lies on the ball. Likewise Hazard wants to win so tries to get the ball back as quickly as possible so tries the poke the ball out with his foot. Sure, he catches the young lad a bi,t but if I'd gone down from a touch like that in my playing days my old man would've disowned me

I shall say good night.

Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I heard your dad went into a restuarant and ate on the food in the restuarant and they had to close the restuarant.

Well played Sir Alex Ferguson. Nice name BTW :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not bollox. u cant go kick someone mate. simple as that. the ball boy as said was doing what he was assigned to do ie waste time.

The ball boy is assigned to be a ball boy. Waste time by being slow to get the ball if he wants to, but don't fall over on the ball and than roll around to stop the play. A player would absolutely get booked for that.

And as i said, i don't agree with what he did, but i understand why he did it. Would bloody annoy the hell out of me.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Go away, seriously

Ok just because you are rude I will! Seriously I will go away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This story has exploded. Funny stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Felexicon wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with Hazards actions. The young lad wants his side to win so lies on the ball. Likewise Hazard wants to win so tries to get the ball back as quickly as possible so tries the poke the ball out with his foot. Sure, he catches the young lad a bi,t but if I'd gone down from a touch like that in my playing days my old man would've disowned me

You don't see anything wrong with kicking someone in the ribs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

He is under 18, he is a teenager. Some of the comments here are just ridiculous, one even saying he should have gotten a kick in the head.

Glenn Hoddle talking there about how the ball boys are told to do these things, the ball boy acted like an idiot, as 17 year olds tend to do,but you cannot assault a teenager like that, regardless of the frustration. That reply shows he caught the kid,who overreacted but he still kicked him.

I'm a teacher, have plenty of 5th and 6th years who are 17 and 18,some can wreck your head, some can actually be little scumbags,but does that mean it would be ok for me to give them a dig or a kick? He is 17, he was kicked by a professional footballer, and you have people here saying he deserved to be kicked or worse. I find that sick to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

IMO Hazard should get a life ban for that.

In 2007, Trevor Brennan punched an Ulster fan in the face during the Toulouse v Ulster match. He was banned from playing professional rugby for life.

In 2013, Eden Hazard kicked a 17 year old ball boy in the ribs during the Swansea v Chelsea match. What odds of him being banned from playing professional soccer for life? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

The fact is that if this was in any other realm except for professional sport Hazard would have no one defending him at all. Imagine it was an office manager filmed pushing over and kicking a young lad on work experience who he felt was acting a dick by not getting him a ream of printer paper fast enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Thing is if Hazard did not g near him he would not have obviously fallen on the ball and acted stupid.

He was going to do what the other ball boy done 5 minutes previously and really take his sweet time ,

Hazard lost his cool was in the wrong but the lad lying on the ball, then not letting it go was stupid also ,

In the grander scheme of things it would not even have mattered , Swansea were still going to come out on top as there put in a excellent shift and were miles better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

he should ring van persie for advice, young lad lucky to be alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

P_1 wrote: »

In 2007, Trevor Brennan punched an Ulster fan in the face during the Toulouse v Ulster match. He was banned from playing professional rugby for life.

In 2013, Eden Hazard kicked a 17 year old ball boy in the ribs during the Swansea v Chelsea match. What odds of him being banned from playing professional soccer for life? :rolleyes:

Cantona anyone.......?

Life ban is prob a bit harsh, but he deserves to be punished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I must remember that "He deserved it" is a legitimate reason to kick people from now on. Sure that will have me perfectly protected if anyone gets angry with me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

530732_215561685235820_1190368923_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Didnt Brennan jump into the crowd and repeatedly punch someone because they made fun of his pub?

Kinda different...

Too right :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You see no difference in those two situations?

You're seriously trying to equate wading into a stand to attack a man and punch him in the face, committing GBH, with trying to get the ball back from a ball boy who's trying to waste time?

Hazard was a fool, no question and deserved the red by this kind of hysterical over reaction is just daft.

Comparing the actions of Brennan to Hazard? Oh ffs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hazard went to kick the ball from under the lads body, anyone who thinks he intentially went to kick him full force in the ribs is wrong imo. He shouldnt have done it but its funny as hell.

Well done swansea anyways, look forward to the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

The fact is that if this was in any other realm except for professional sport Hazard would have no one defending him at all. Imagine it was an office manager filmed pushing over and kicking a young lad on work experience who he felt was acting a dick by not getting him a ream of printer paper fast enough.

I think it was totally right to send Hazard off but that comparison made me facepalm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement