Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea (2) V Chelsea (0), Capital 1 Cup, K/O 7:45pm Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

dorkacle wrote: »
    Cantona anyone.......?

Life ban is prob a bit harsh, but he deserves to be punished.

Ha true, I could break out the 'gentleman's game played by thugs, thus's game played by gentleman' argument but I don't think I'll bother...

He'll probably get a 3 match ban, quashed on appeal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Didnt Brennan jump into the crowd and repeatedly punch someone because they made fun of his pub?

Kinda different...

If I recall it was his mother the fan spoke about. Still incomparable events anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just saw the video there, possibly might have been a tad premature comparing that to Brennan alright.

Decent enough rucking though, hey if the soccer doesn't work out for him he could land himself a contract with the Ospreys ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

P_1 wrote: »
    IMO Hazard should get a life ban for that.

In 2007, Trevor Brennan punched an Ulster fan in the face during the Toulouse v Ulster match. He was banned from playing professional rugby for life.

In 2013, Eden Hazard kicked a 17 year old ball boy in the ribs during the Swansea v Chelsea match. What odds of him being banned from playing professional soccer for life? :rolleyes:

Who cares what they do in rugby? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Jelle1880 wrote: »

You don't see anything wrong with kicking someone in the ribs ?
    I do. I don't however see this as a kick in the ribs. His foot makes a slight contact with the lad but you wouldn't say he kicked the ball boy in the ribs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Chelsea official twitter reaction

@chelseafc: Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it. #CFC

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Seen on Twitter:
    Hazard kicked the ball boy for keeping the ball. Torres would've missed him, Cole would've shot him and Terry would have shagged his mother!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

tvnutz wrote: »
    He is under 18, he is a teenager. Some of the comments here are just ridiculous, one even saying he should have gotten a kick in the head.

Glenn Hoddle talking there about how the ball boys are told to do these things, the ball boy acted like an idiot, as 17 year olds tend to do,but you cannot assault a teenager like that, regardless of the frustration. That reply shows he caught the kid,who overreacted but he still kicked him.

I'm a teacher, have plenty of 5th and 6th years who are 17 and 18,some can wreck your head, some can actually be little scumbags,but does that mean it would be ok for me to give them a dig or a kick? He is 17, he was kicked by a professional footballer, and you have people here saying he deserved to be kicked or worse. I find that sick to be honest.

The difference here is he did not assault the lad , he was trying to kick the ball out from under him and kicked him in doing so ,

The way you make it sound , he lined him up and laid one into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Felexicon wrote: »
    I do. I don't however see this as a kick in the ribs. His foot makes a slight contact with the lad but you wouldn't say he kicked the ball boy in the ribs

But he did kick the ball boy in the ribs, you would say that he kicked the ball boy in the ribs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Just an thought here, do the people who thought Hazard was right to do what he did, think that Cantona was right to kick that fan?

somehow, i doubt it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

IMO Hazard should get a life ban for that.

In 2007, Trevor Brennan punched an Ulster fan in the face during the Toulouse v Ulster match. He was banned from playing professional rugby for life.

In 2013, Eden Hazard kicked a 17 year old ball boy in the ribs during the Swansea v Chelsea match. What odds of him being banned from playing professional soccer for life? :rolleyes:

Don't be so ridiculous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

530732_215561685235820_1190368923_n.jpg

Rafa said it was down to a slight stomach bug ;)

Just an thought here, do the people who thought Hazard was right to do what he did, think that Cantona was right to kick that fan?

somehow, i doubt it.

Cantona said it was his favourite moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

"Disgraceful scenes. You can't do that in english football" - Ray Parlour

Last time I checked Swansea were playing in the English league :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The boy was stupid.
    Hazard was stupid.

The kick was nothing. But you can't do it if you're on tv.

Meanwhile an unconscious Dan Potts is taken to hospital in a neck brace in the other game. Sounds like he's OK though.

• Advertisement

somehow, i doubt it.

Two different situations ,

King Eric launched a kick intentionally into the crowd

Hazard was trying to kick a ball out from under the lad , still caught him but there is no comparison there what so ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

somehow, i doubt it.

Do you think that the two incidents are similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Do you think that the two incidents are similar?

Was he accidently kicking the ball boy so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

somehow, i doubt it.

apples and oranges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

not even kinda close to the same thing.

• Advertisement

As a Chelsea fan I have to say this ranks up there with Liverpools shambolic wearing of the tee shirts in support of Suarez ,

Who ever was doing the twitter there tonight will and should be joining the que in the Job center ,

Bloody stupid

BBU8TRmCMAABhcL.jpg:large

MugMugs wrote: »
    Was he accidently kicking the ball boy so?

He kicked the ball from under the ballboy.

He may have inadvertently tapped the young fella. I have my doubts looking at the "reaction" from him. C'mon, did you see him appealing to the ref? ..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Felexicon wrote: »

Apart from the fact that he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Seriously is anyone actually in charge at Chelsea FC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For people who missed it Swansea 0 0 Chelsea. Swansea in final.

Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

For people who missed it Swansea 0 0 Chelsea. Swansea in final.

Carry on.

Wont someone think of the ..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

lets get this straight - he didnt try kick the ball, he just gave the lad a little "get the fcuk off the ball" jab. He didnt leather him or boot him, it was a tiny little jab. Red card , 3 game ban. The best comparison is that of Beckham in the world cup. Petulant little flick at an opponent. Same here with a fan/ballboy/ballman/ballkid. No damage done, 3 game ban move on.

Lampard and Ramires were very ineffective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hazard going home now to kick the dog

lets get this straight - he didnt try kick the ball, he just gave the lad a little "get the fcuk off the ball" jab. He didnt leather him or boot him, it was a tiny little jab. Red card , 3 game ban. The best comparison is that of Beckham in the world cup. Petulant little flick at an opponent. Same here with a fan/ballboy/ballman/ballkid. No damage done, 3 game ban move on.

Em but he did kick the ball , it came out the other side ????

Which the ball boy tried to roll over on top of again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Fair play to Swansea , their tactics were spot on.They parked the bus the first leg. Tonite they showed good grit and done what was needed.

Em but he did kick the ball , it came out the other side ????

Which the ball boy tried to roll over on top of again

Or maybe he rolled over because he just got a boot in the ribs ?

Funny that he was trying to get the ball on one side and kicked him from the other side.

Or maybe he rolled over because he just got a boot in the ribs ?

Funny that he was trying to get the ball on one side and kicked him from the other side.

Seriously.,,,

You obviously never played soccer in an estate when you were younger.

Seriously.,,,

Yeah but you've probably never played cricket on the moon.

Seriously.,,,

lolwhat.

What does that have to do with it ?

Should he just shrug it off and shake Hazard's hand ?

Read 2 posts already saying assault?

Lol

People are gone soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

sorry for the poor little chap with the ball. I hope he enjoys his hero status tomorrow. Hazard must be up there with Jimmy Saville now.

Swansea did a job on us tonight. Just played defensive, and the odd break. Very predictable. Very tedious. So formulaic.

Will be belting my lungs out for Bradford.

Blue forever.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

lolwhat.

What does that have to do with it ?

When a ball would get wedged under a car or something else you have to kick it to get it free. You don't try and roll the ball back.
    Should he just shrug it off and shake Hazard's hand ?

Yes, he should have apologised to his senior. There a lot of uncultivated kids walking around these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Hazard should be given 3 life sentences at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Some rubbish being spouted in this thread.
    Hazard tried to get the ball back by kicking it from under the ballboy. In doing so he caught him in the ribs too.
    Letter of the law it probably is a red but that's where it should end.
    It wasn't an assault or anything close to an assault.

Tigerbaby wrote: »

Swansea did a job on us tonight. Just played defensive, and the odd break. Very predictable. Very tedious. So formulaic.
    !

Ahhhh like Chelsea??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Decent enough rucking though, hey if the soccer doesn't work out for him he could land himself a contract with the Ospreys ;)

But he didn't release the ball, should have been a penalty :D

Him and his bird are getting their 15 minutes of fame on twitter anyway.

Ahhhh like Chelsea??

hmmm... was that a statement or a question?

yes of course I do like Chelsea. whats not to like?

et tu Troll?

Given you support the World's largest football franchise, I should remind you of my undying admiration for Eric the Great's flying kung-fu kick at Crystal Palace. I mean this in all sincerity. It was the most sublime moment of a great player's career. A true Great Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A Bradford/Swansea final was 999/1 on betfair at the start of the season. Of course the odds must have been much longer but that's as long as they go on BF apparently.

• Advertisement

hmmm... was that a statement or a question?

yes of course I do like Chelsea. whats not to like?

et tu Troll?

Question

You just came across little bitter.

Swansea did what they had to do. They weren't in business of entertaining you and Chelsea for sake of final appearance.

You seem to have forgotten CL semi final in Nou Camp quickly.

Question

You just came across little bitter.

Swansea did what they had to do. They weren't in business of entertaining you and Chelsea for sake of final appearance.

You seem to have forgotten CL semi final in Nou Camp quickly.

not bitter at all. It was just like us last year in the CL. Jammy. and defensive. and we rode our luck. But Hey thats life. You lot got jammy against Bayern in 99 and against us in '08, yes?

not bitter at all. It was just like us last year in the CL. Jammy. and defensive. and we rode our luck. But Hey thats life. You lot got jammy against Bayern in 99 and against us in '08, yes?

Swansea were the better team over two legs

110%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

sorry for the poor little chap with the ball. I hope he enjoys his hero status tomorrow. Hazard must be up there with Jimmy Saville now.

Will be belting my lungs out for Bradford.

Blue forever.!

Sounds like last years Champions League semi final and final.

• Advertisement
Advertisement