Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea (2) V Chelsea (0), Capital 1 Cup, K/O 7:45pm Sky Sports

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

I digress. They werent better. We gifted them two goals and they defended at home tonight.

That is all.

Come on Bradford. Win it. It would be a fitting coda to a wonderful competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Swansea were the better side over the two legs, Chelsea missed their chances at home and did nothing away. Swansea were comfortable winners over the two legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

On twitter:
    Benitez: 'The ball-boy has talked to Hazard. They apologised to each other. They know they were wrong. He was wasting time.'

Rafa Benitez finishes a lively press conference by saying that ball-boy incident is reflective of a fame-driven "Big Brother society"

That should be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Anyone wrote: »
    Swansea were the better side over the two legs, Chelsea missed their chances at home and did nothing away. Swansea were comfortable winners over the two legs.

But only because the 2 goals (there only chances in the entire game) were given to them by howlers from ivanovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

I have no argument with any of ye who say that Chelsea were very very lucky to win last years CL.

How we won it I STILL dont know.

But Hell. We deserved some breaks. And We are still

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE! :D

Oh, and something to cheer everyone up, regardless of team allegiance:
    @themichaelowen: I'm not saying Hazard isn't in the wrong but I hate to see a person who instigates a situation then cry foul for next to nothing.

@piersmorgan: 'Owen backs kicking ball-boys' - when will you learn, Benchwarmer? > RT @themichaelowen

@Notcarlcole: .@piersmorgan @themichaelowen Hazard kicked a ball at him, you hacked a dead teenagers phone. Who's in the wrong here Piersy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

MUSEIST wrote: »
    But only because the 2 goals (there only chances in the entire game) were given to them by howlers from ivanovic.

Yes, that made Swansea the better team over two legs...

You cant come out and say something stupid like, they only won because their players didnt make stupid mistakes, it doesnt mean they were better.

It does mean they were better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jelle1880 wrote: »

piers didn't- that was the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MUSEIST wrote: »

So?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Owen is wrong there. His paper hacked the likes of Paul McCartney during his tenure. No dead teens afaik

• Advertisement

Owen is wrong there. His paper hacked the likes of Paul McCartney during his tenure. No dead teens afaik

Wasn't Owen that said it, it was a parody account of Carlton Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Fair play to Swansea, delighted that both themselves and Bradford are in the final, although I would of loved to see Chelsea win it, I'd rather see a team like the two finalists win as it will mean so much for them.

Should be a good final, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Hazard could be in for a whole load of crap, he admits making contact with child and the old bill are involved now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eden-hazard-sent-off-for-kicking-ball-1552442?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hazard could be in for a whole load of crap, he admits making contact with child and the old bill are involved now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eden-hazard-sent-off-for-kicking-ball-1552442?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ahh but they have already spoken to the boy and his father and there is no charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hazard wasent great so was probably gonna be hooked for torres anyways id imagine? Oscar seemed more livelier from the parts i watched

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

100 posts before 9.22, then 160 more in the 20 mins after Hazards moment of madness! says alot about the modern football fan, only interested in the out of the norm incidents....

he should get 6 games minimun for that anyway, was disgraceful.

You have two posts in this thread and they are both about the ball boy incident. You have another four posts in the Hazaard v Ball Boy thread. You have not posted a single comment about the football played.

You are posting self righteous horseshíte about what modern fans are interested in yet you are doing exactly what you are criticising everybody else for. That's quite stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Benitez is right on that point, the kid had 2,000 followers on twitter before this episode, now 72,000 and counting..... his next tweet is guaranteed to make the papers, the bbc sports ticket, sky sports news etc.....if he was looking for 60 seconds of fame he got it.

Cynical maybe, but rolling on top of the ball like that was more likely to have tv cameras focus on him even without Hazard going near him.

Advertisement