Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea Kitchen. All help appreciated

• 23-01-2013 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Bought a kitchen from ikea a couple of weeks ago. Last night realised I was missing 2 legs from one unit. A pack of legs is €4 but I'm not going to drive to dublin (I live 2 hours away) for the legs. The unit needs 6 and I have 4. Does anyone know of a way to improvise a couple of legs that will work properly and stand the test of time. All help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Take two off your old kitchen units

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

650gs wrote: »
    Take two off your old kitchen units

Unfortunately not that simple. New build house. Never had a kitchen before...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Can you ring them up, tell them your dilema and ask them to post the legs to you?

Can you ring them up, tell them your dilema and ask them to post the legs to you?

I tried that too. They won't send them because I haven't paid for them. If I had paid for them and hadn't received them, then they'd send them. Ikeas customer service really indent the best. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Surely when you purchase a unit that requires six legs then you should get six legs with it?

If I were absolutely stuck, and could not wait, I would fit the four legs to allow leveling the unit and prop the other two points with timber. They legs will be hidden by the kick boards.

Alternatively you could try a B&Q store or similar if there are any near you.

• Advertisement

Cerco wrote: »
    Surely when you purchase a unit that requires six legs then you should get six legs with it?

If I were absolutely stuck, and could not wait, I would fit the four legs to allow leveling the unit and prop the other two points with timber. They legs will be hidden by the kick boards.

Alternatively you could try a B&Q store or similar if there are any near you.

I have a homebase next to where I work. I'll try there and there's a b&q not too far away also. Thanks for that. I was thinking along those line but wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not

Advertisement