Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android tablet not playing Angry Birds

• 23-01-2013 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi all,

new to this board so apologies if this question has been done, but Santa brought two android tablets that unfortunately play everything but Angry Birds which is the one game my kids love. is there any way of getting it going? really disappointed cos I thought it was a good enough tablet.
    its android 4.0.4 and 1.0g. storage

thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

snowman999 wrote: »
    hi all,

new to this board so apologies if this question has been done, but Santa brought two android tablets that unfortunately play everything but Angry Birds which is the one game my kids love. is there any way of getting it going? really disappointed cos I thought it was a good enough tablet.
    its android 4.0.4 and 1.0g. storage

thanks a mill

you probably need to give some more info.
    Do you know the make/model of the tablet?
    Is the app installing? If not does it give an error?
    If it installs what happens when you try to open it?

You could also try to download the angry bird app file (.apk file) and install it yourself. Just download it from a PC and transfer onto a tablet and install using a file manager such as Astro file manager

• Registered Users Posts: 8 snowman999

neacy69 wrote: »

you probably need to give some more info.
    Do you know the make/model of the tablet?
    Is the app installing? If not does it give an error?
    If it installs what happens when you try to open it?

You could also try to download the angry bird app file (.apk file) and install it yourself. Just download it from a PC and transfer onto a tablet and install using a file manager such as Astro file manager

thanks for that,
    its a g pad F35
    yeah sorry should have said it installs the app fine, but screen just goes black for few secs and then goes back to main screen.

will I have to download a file manager too so? sorry not too familiar with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

snowman999 wrote: »
    thanks for that,
    its a g pad F35
    yeah sorry should have said it installs the app fine, but screen just goes black for few secs and then goes back to main screen.

will I have to download a file manager too so? sorry not too familiar with this.

astro file manager is availalbe from the App Store. I would try getting an angry birds file online (one of the older versions) and seeing if that works for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Someone had this exact same issue a few weeks back, not sure if it was the same tablet though but same issue.

If you sideload an older version of Angry Birds it worked perfect.

You don't need to install astro but its advised.

you also will have to turn on the option of install non market apps or something in your settings.

let us know if you run into issues

• Registered Users Posts: 8 snowman999

thanks for the replies.
    just a quick question before I try, is there a safe site I can get an apk file from, just wary of getting a virus. and also was just Googling sideloading (new to this) and someone mentioned emailing the file to the tablet and opening it and installing it that way maybe?

thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah you could do that (easiest way if you don't have external SD card) but the app itself could be to large for email (just checked original in play store is 27mb and even gmail have a limit of 25)

i might have an old APK of angry birds on the computer at home that i'll upload to either dropbox or google drive for you to download if you want. from there download to tablet and install

Send me a pm if you want or have any other questions or issues!

Advertisement