Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny Marr - Dublin and Belfast

Options
  • 23-01-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Looks like he is coming this way.

He has confirmed 2 shows on twitter. Dates :
    March 26th – Limelight Belfast , March 27th – Academy Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

yknaa wrote: »
    Looks like he is coming this way.

He has confirmed 2 shows on twitter. Dates :
    March 26th – Limelight Belfast , March 27th – Academy Dublin.
    Tickets on sale tomor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Really looking forward to this now. The album is good, NGHFB good! Should be a really good show, in a nice small venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

yeah, I found the album pretty interesting too!!

Had a glimpse on the setlist (but stayed away of watching youtube videos from teh tour so far), I am intrigued what his take is on the Smiths and Electronic songs he is playing.

Needless to say, this is sold-out. There is a support band called Bouts, they will be on stage around 8 and Johnny Marr around 9 (all these according to Academy's FB page).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Looks like ticketmaster just released some extra tickets, just got one there now!

A quick look at the set list sold me on it straight away. Liking the new album too, should be a good gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Great show last night in Belfast.

• Advertisement

Morrissey is in Dublin at the moment too.......

Im not getting my hopes up one bit but glad i have my ticket just incase hell does freeze over tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Apparently, he has been spotted at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Brilliant gig last night. He's brilliant on stage. Fantastic guitarist. Smiths songs were unbelievably good. He sang them really well. Was privileged to meet him afterwards. Chatted with him for 10 minutes with 2 of my friends and he was an absolute gentleman. A funny guy with some great stories. They say you should never meet your heroes....well I've met Johnny Marr twice and all I can say is he's a star offstage as well as on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Gintonious wrote: »

Was Morrissey there?:eek:
    I would have thought it very unlikely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Gintonious wrote: »

I'd regard that bit of info as devious, truculent and unreliable ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭phenomenalcat

Bloody brilliant gig. Hard to believe the man is 50 this year, so much energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Spotted Moz in the Octagon bar before the gig with a clutch of luvvies.

Felt like asking him would he really prefer to spend the night talking to Robbie Keane instead of singing with Johnny Marr...

Yeah brilliant gig! His album sounded great and he was amazing with the Smiths songs. He's a quality singer! i never knew that until this album.

He was seriously cool on stage, had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. I hope he comes back for a festival appearence this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Fair play to him for actually wearing the tshirt the chap gave him during the gig for the encore. Great quip about having a proper band rather than a session band...no reunion in the immediate future I think ;)

Noel Gallagher learnt everything he knows about stagecraft and guitar playing from Johnny Marr. Brilliant brilliant gig, hearing There Is A Light immediately after How Soon Is Now nearly blew my head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

so did he sing those smiths songs then?

Yes he did. The man can sing. And nobody plays a Smiths riff like Johnny Marr...

Really good gig last night. The Right Thing Right and I Want The Heartbeat were particularly great off the album. Bigmouth was amazing. I hope he's back for EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

What a gig!

The JM stuff was very strong but I was totally blown away by The Smiths stuff (naturally)

There was just something so right, hearing The Smiths stuff come from the mouth and guitar of JM.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

marwelie wrote: »
    Fair play to him for actually wearing the tshirt the chap gave him during the gig for the encore.

Who was in the picture on that t-shirt? I couldn't figure it out from where I was standing.

Django Reinhardt apparently. According to Hot Press anyway

• Advertisement

Who was in the picture on that t-shirt? I couldn't figure it out from where I was standing.

Django Reinhardt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_Reinhardt

Great quip about having a proper band rather than a session band...no reunion in the immediate future I think ;).

Did Maher write Rourke's bass-lines? I don't think he did. And I'd have Rourke in my top 5 bass players of all time. Listen to This Charming Man and marvel.

Did Maher write Rourke's bass-lines? I don't think he did. And I'd have Rourke in my top 5 bass players of all time. Listen to This Charming Man and marvel.

I think you'll find he was referring to Mozza's ever changing band rather than the Smiths...

I think you'll find he was referring to Mozza's ever changing band rather than the Smiths...

Ah right, fair enough so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I'd have Rourke in my top 5 bass players of all time.

+1

Advertisement