Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coupons for Dog Food?

• 23-01-2013 11:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭

I have an 8 month old female Pug. Does anyone know of any websites offering coupons for good quality dry food? Or any stores in the Dublin city area with special offers on good quality food?

Payday can't come quick enough :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

OP..

I buy all my dog food and stuff from the website below its better value than buying in store:

http://www.zooplus.ie/

otherwise if you’re a bit short until payday…

do you have some rice in the press? And possibly some chicken fillets in the freezer?

You could feed your dog some boiled chicken and rice for the next few days to tide you over.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

cocker5 wrote: »
    You could feed your dog some boiled chicken and rice for the next few days to tide you over.

HTH

I was going to say the same, buy a chicken for a fiver with some rice and you'll get 2-3 days feeding a pug with that. The reduced to sell section always has reduced meat for sale.

Roll on payday is right!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Even better buy some chicken in your local butchers for a fiver and then ask them for some scraps. Or ask them to buy the hearts / livers he isnt planning on selling. I can usually get four or five of these for about 2euro. I mix it with rice and our guy loves them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

yeah I do feed her rice, veg and chicken too but just substitute it with dry food in the morning if im in a rush...like this morning :o

thanks i will check out zooplus anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

If you have a look at a post called 'recommend a cat food' that I posted there's a link to a website on the 2nd page, think it's called Munajuree or something but they are doing 50% off on some dog foods, I got a 15kg bag of Burns for 30 euro which I normally pay 55 euro for, delivery is 5 euro but if you spend over 50 euro delivery is free. Now, I only placed an order last night but another boardsie recommended it and it's an Irish company and looks good, let's just hope it doesn't go the way of Whites/Creavens...!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    If you have a look at a post called 'recommend a cat food' that I posted there's a link to a website on the 2nd page, think it's called Munajuree or something but they are doing 50% off on some dog foods, I got a 15kg bag of Burns for 30 euro which I normally pay 55 euro for, delivery is 5 euro but if you spend over 50 euro delivery is free. Now, I only placed an order last night but another boardsie recommended it and it's an Irish company and looks good, let's just hope it doesn't go the way of Whites/Creavens...!!

Just placed an order. I signed up to the newsletter aswell and got an email offering 10% off my next order - minimum spend €60. (Not sure if this discount can apply to your first order though.)

Tranceypoo wrote: »

Thank you sooo much J..

I just ordered 2 x 15kg of Burns for my cocker…. For the grand sum of €59!!!!
    Normally costs me €110 and I thought that was ok value for Burns!

Dont really mind how long it takes to get delivered as i've 1/3 of a 15KG bag still left!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Just to say I got an email this morning saying that the Burns bags are the older ones i.e. 'white' rather than the newer 'blue' packaging.

The expiry date on the 2 x 15kg chicken & brown rice I ordered is 'July 2013'.

I have 3 dogs and it takes them 6 weeks to get through a 15kg bag so I am OK with this expiry date.

Thought I would point this out as the expiry date might not suit others.

(Not sure what the expiry date is for the lamb & rice that is still on sale. The chicken & brown rice is sold out.)

paultf wrote: »
    Just to say I got an email this morning saying that the Burns bags are the older ones i.e. 'white' rather than the newer 'blue' packaging.

The expiry date on the 2 x 15kg chicken & brown rice I ordered is 'July 2013'.

I have 3 dogs and it takes them 6 weeks to get through a 15kg bag so I am OK with this expiry date.

Thought I would point this out as the expiry date might not suit others.

(Not sure what the expiry date is for the lamb & rice that is still on sale. The chicken & brown rice is sold out.)

Thanks for that... I ordered 2 x 15 KG... will take my cocker 2.5 months to get through each bag, so July 2013 is ok for me.... just about but still ok !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I think the poster who recommended it to me should get commission!!

Thanks for that info paultf, maybe I should sign up for the email news! 1 bag lasts about a month for my two so it'll be fine for us too and I just got an email that my order has been dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Any one got any feedback on Eukanuba dog food mentioned on that website, would you recommend it over say Royal Canin?

Advertisement