Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Perth

Options
  • 23-01-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I will be moving to Perth next month with my husband and son. We are lucky as my husband was born in Oz, so he has full citizenship, and our son has citizenship by descent. I have been granted a Spouse Visa (sub class 100) which gives me PR.

We do not have jobs to go to although my husband has loads of contacts and obviously hopes to get work very quickly, while I am taking a few months off to get us settled before I look for work. We are taking our savings which should be enough to do us for a while. I have already arranged and paid for our first three months rental including bills. What I want to know is, are we entitled to any benefits should job seeking take a while? We obviously hope not to need this, but it would be nice to know if we can claim something should we need to. Any advice much appreciated!

Also, our stuff is shipping on Friday, is there any last minute items you think I should add to it?

Starting to get nervous now, but very excited!:D

Advertisement