Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Series Begins Easter Weekend (Saturday 30th March)..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

It wasn't that bad. Wasn't the best episode I've ever seen I'll give you that. I'm not a fan of a lot of the episodes that are set on earth. I dunno, they just don't seem to have me on the edge of my seat like a lot of the ones set on other planets. Also, anyone else noticed a distinct bit of 'deux ex machina' in a good deal of the episodes with Matt Smith with regard to the sonic screwdriver? I was watching some of the old Tom Baker episodes on utube a little while ago and it barely gets an airing from one episode to the next.

I'm liking Clara though, first impressions only of course.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

gufnork wrote: »
    Also, anyone else noticed a distinct bit of 'deux ex machina' in a good deal of the episodes with Matt Smith with regard to the sonic screwdriver? I was watching some of the old Tom Baker episodes on utube a little while ago and it barely gets an airing from one episode to the next.
    I've thought similar since the reboot kicked off, but Matt's Doc uses it a lot. The Tardis has been used a lot in this way too. Back in the day, most of the time the Tardis showed up at the start and rarely got involved in the plot itself. I don't mind BTW, just noticed it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Missed this last night. Will it be repeated soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Missed this last night. Will it be repeated soon?
    BBC Three, Friday 7pm.

Advertisement