Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living in Naul?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

We are thinking of looking at the houses in Delvin Banks in Naul and wondered if anyone is currently living there / has any advice on purchasing there?

My husband and I both work in Dublin city centre / West Dublin, so wondering what travel times are like from there in the mornings.

We also wished to enquire about nursery care and schooling, both primary and secondary. Are there many good options?

Any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i was wondering why that name rings such a bell and then it hit me (excuse the pun)...........Rachel O'Reilly

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

You're some help. What part of paradise do you live in. If you can't say anything useful, give the keyboard a rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

i do not live there but i am very near as i live in skerries, i would suggest skerries as a better option as the naul is a little bit out of the way you may find that you have to drive everywhere when you want to do something, on the other that may not be a issue. Stay well away from balbriggan as the town has been ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The Naul is a decent enough spot, your only main problem is that its a bit far away if you know what I mean. You'd be looking at a commute of about 90 mins each way to town/citywest.

Within Naul itself you have a pub, a centra type shop and a national school. For anything else you'd want to head to Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

P_1 wrote: »
    The Naul is a decent enough spot, your only main problem is that its a bit far away if you know what I mean. You'd be looking at a commute of about 90 mins each way to town/citywest.

Within Naul itself you have a pub, a centra type shop and a national school. For anything else you'd want to head to Balbriggan.

90 mins ? No way, Google Maps is saying 39 minutes to Citywest and 41 minutes to O'Connell Bridge in current traffic.

I've only ever driven through the Naul, seems like a nice spot though without the facilities of Skeries, train station, etc.

If country living near the city is what you're after you could also look at out the St.Margarets Road, Oldtown, etc. There's houses there that are only a 5 minute drive to the m50 yet are totally in the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Naul is a fantastic place, renting there at the moment but will be buying when there in a year or two. Only 5 minutes from the M1! A real Irish village feel, great community feel to the place.

Bronz21 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We are thinking of looking at the houses in Delvin Banks in Naul and wondered if anyone is currently living there / has any advice on purchasing there?

My husband and I both work in Dublin city centre / West Dublin, so wondering what travel times are like from there in the mornings.

We also wished to enquire about nursery care and schooling, both primary and secondary. Are there many good options?

Pm me any questions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RATM wrote: »
    90 mins ? No way, Google Maps is saying 39 minutes to Citywest and 41 minutes to O'Connell Bridge in current traffic.

I've only ever driven through the Naul, seems like a nice spot though without the facilities of Skeries, train station, etc.

If country living near the city is what you're after you could also look at out the St.Margarets Road, Oldtown, etc. There's houses there that are only a 5 minute drive to the m50 yet are totally in the countryside.

I live in Swords and it rush hour traffic it's at least an hour each way.

Naul is a good ten to fifteen minutes from Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

RATM wrote: »

What Google Maps say and actual reality are two very distinct things ;)

It takes over an hour to get from Balbriggan to town in the rush hour and it takes about 10-15 mins to get from Naul to the M1 so 90 mins in the rush hour sounds like a reasonable estimate

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »

What Google Maps say and actual reality are two very distinct things ;)

It takes over an hour to get from Balbriggan to town in the rush hour and it takes about 10-15 mins to get from Naul to the M1 so 90 mins in the rush hour sounds like a reasonable estimate

It takes 5-7 minutes to get to the M1, arguably quicker than most of Balbriggan. If you avoid Whitehall/Drumcondra you can shave off a few minutes and the Swords/Donabate road works will be finished in Spring. Alternatively there is a choice of public transport options from Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bronz21

Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated. We're going to keep looking I think to see if anything more suitable comes up as it does seem like it would be a good journey into the city every day.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Bronz21 wrote: »
    Hi there,

How did you get on at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Stheno wrote: »
    I live in Swords and it rush hour traffic it's at least an hour each way.

Naul is a good ten to fifteen minutes from Swords

i live in swords too. rush hour traffic to city center is 45 mins for me.
    25 if i wanted to get the swords express , which i do sometimes, but i prefer to drive. dublin bus takes 40 - 45 mins too.

Naul isnt much further and rush hour traffic means nothing until you get to whitehall/santry anyway.

Advertisement