Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guardianship for father working in UK

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

What i gathered from that is if your loan went into arrears they would stop you paying your non court maintenance?
    Perhaps. At the very least non court maintenance is more flexible to vary, but I would suspect that the moment there's a court order they probably (and probably rightly) presume that the probability for further litigation (and the credit uncertainty that comes with it) becomes significantly higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In my experience, judges are happier when all issues of guardianship, access and maintenance are agreed within one session in family court, of course we only found this out from the solicitor in the weeks before the court date.

So ask your solicitor to draft agreements on all these and send a letter to the other parent to try get a agreement before you see the judge next.

Think ahead to arrangements for Christmas, Summer holidays first day at school etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Thanks guys,

As a self employed subcontractor in my first year of trading i am also finding it hard to provide a statement of means as obviously my income fluctuates and any holidays, sick days etc are times when im not earning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Thanks guys,

As a self employed subcontractor in my first year of trading i am also finding it hard to provide a statement of means as obviously my income fluctuates and any holidays, sick days etc are times when im not earning

Has your legal representative helped you with what you should do in terms of statements? He or she should be able to advise on the best way forward with it. My cousin (male) got a female solicitor to try help his case he's still fighting to see his girls in march (there mother is bringing them back to Ireland for a holiday and said she will be busy with them so he can't see them even though it's his time with them)

Has your legal representative helped you with what you should do in terms of statements? He or she should be able to advise on the best way forward with it. My cousin (male) got a female solicitor to try help his case he's still fighting to see his girls in march (there mother is bringing them back to Ireland for a holiday and said she will be busy with them so he can't see them even though it's his time with them)

Not really yet tbh... almost a month until next court date like

• Advertisement

Not really yet tbh... almost a month until next court date like

I'd get them working on it as soon as you could. I wish you the best with it. Fingers crossed you'll have some good news

I'd get them working on it as soon as you could. I wish you the best with it. Fingers crossed you'll have some good news

I was down with accountant today, if i only worked a flat week each week (as per my contract) i would be minus 160 at the end of each month.

Did your accountant give that in writing? That would be well helpful. Just start saving somewhere other than the bank. There a nightmare really

Did your accountant give that in writing? That would be well helpful. Just start saving somewhere other than the bank. There a nightmare really

In the process of getting ti all together at the moment.

I think by the next court date you'll be all set. Just keep your main focus in it and all will be fine. Your lookin after your son and ensuring you have a future for you and him. Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Sounds like she may play a legal war of attrition. As you point out, it doesn't cost her anything to drag you into court, while it costs you a fair bit in travel, accommodation (if applicable) and legal council. In theory she could do this every month or force you to do so (by blocking access) repeatedly, with the intention of wearing you down both psychologically and financially.

Talk to a solicitor about this possibility as I believe she can be legally blocked from such harassment if she abuses the system in this way.

My ex ( male ) took me to court nearly every 12 weeks for 6/7 years , so legally blocking is very hard to get. I. I have not received a penny in over a year from my ex, so stop suggesting that its only women that do this . He didn't work , & was only ordered to pay €25 for 2 children. It was up to €40 a couple of years ago. He had free legal aid etc for all those years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No legal advice, speak to your solicitor please!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement