Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia EOS (WP with true Pureview) [Now Nokia 1020]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

To date the only network to confirm is 02 which they have exclusivity on/

Forget about 3 and nokia lumia...

I will post any info once i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Even though 3 are buying Nokia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

PaulieC wrote: »

Huh???

Microsoft are buying Nokia's mobile division.

No Who told you that?

Doh! Three are buying O2, not Nokia. Few pints last night ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is officially out tomorrow in the UK, is anyone planning on getting it in the near future?
    If so, what are you replacing?
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    DPReview have posted up its full review on the Lumia 1020 and if they say its the best camera phone on the markey by a mile it is. I love my Lumia 920 but I'd love a 1020 now :-)

http://connect.dpreview.com/post/5234892048/nokia-lumia-1020-camera-review?page=9

For some shots, the 808 takes better stills imo, and it doesn't look like they have compared it to either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I've heard that it's hitting the market in October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

AngryLips wrote: »
    I've heard that it's hitting the market in October
    Is it going to be an O2 timed exclusive in Ireland?

It is an exclusive to o2 in the Irish market, I presume its a timed exclusive, of maybe 3 or 6 months.

I do not know why Nokia persist with exclusive carriers. I'm sure they have some logic to it or that other carriers wont take a certain device but if they want to hit higher sales targets, the aim should be to get the phone on all networks from the start, like the iPhone does successfully.

Davy wrote: »
    This is officially out tomorrow in the UK, is anyone planning on getting it in the near future?
    If so, what are you replacing?

For some shots, the 808 takes better stills imo, and it doesn't look like they have compared it to either

I have a pre-order with clove. Replacing 920

• Advertisement

I have a pre-order with clove. Replacing 920

Me too, and it won't be released tomorrow, they will just announce when it will be released, likely within 2 weeks to the UK carriers.

Contacted Clove today and they are still waiting for the update from Nokia so they defo wont have it for another few weeks.

I really wish there was quicker release schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I have a question...

Whilst looking on geekaphone, I came across a whole HEAP of different Lumia variations, 521, 625, 720, 822, 928 and so on.

Why are all of these variations not available to us here in Ireland?

Also, what would be a good independent site to buy these from?

The o2 exclusive is for the 64gb version, that was agreed with telefonica across the board for EU iirc, they may still stock the 32gb but will be the only ones selling the 64gb.

The 64gb option is a good plus for them as the 32 might not suit a lot of people, I think i had 24gb left of useable space out of the box so with no memory card slot o2 will gain from it.

I have a question...

Whilst looking on geekaphone, I came across a whole HEAP of different Lumia variations, 521, 625, 720, 822, 928 and so on.

Why are all of these variations not available to us here in Ireland?

Also, what would be a good independent site to buy these from?

Given different model numbers for operators like T-mobile etc. They used to change names before the numbers, so could be 'Star' here and 'Space' on another network.

So the 521 is just the 520 re-badged. They change often, sure this thread should be called the Nokia 909, as the 1020 was a last minute change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I don't know anything about the O2 exclusivity. All I know is that another operator will be ranging it some time in October. Obviously, Three and Nokia have issues.

I don't know anything about the O2 exclusivity. All I know is that another operator will be ranging it some time in October. Obviously, Three and Nokia have issues.

Which is extremely annoying, I wish they would sort out their issues. . Although the fact that Three have over 15 Samsungs in stock, I don't see it changing.

As far as exclusivity in Ireland, o2 will have it, and I doubt that would only last 1 month but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Given different model numbers for operators like T-mobile etc. They used to change names before the numbers, so could be 'Star' here and 'Space' on another network.

So the 521 is just the 520 re-badged. They change often, sure this thread should be called the Nokia 909, as the 1020 was a last minute change.

Ah, seems so stupid to me. But alas, they must have their reasons.

Is expansys a good site to use?

Is expansys a good site to use?

Ye they are fine. Have heard a few issues but no company is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think some models like the 928 are specifically for US carriers like Verizon, which will not work over here.

If anyone doesn't want to fork out for the cr200 the cr123 will do. It just barely fits but does hold it steady. Only £20 on amazon for any interested. http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/accessories/accessory/cr-123/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005WKEY6O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Advertisement

September 27th is the release date according to Clove.

They are also including an accessory pack in it for no extra charge.

Wireless cover, charger, tripod and camera accessory. It says only UK customers however :(

mark_m360 wrote: »
    September 27th is the release date according to Clove.

They are also including an accessory pack in it for no extra charge.

Wireless cover, charger, tripod and camera accessory. It says only UK customers however :(

I'm not sure why they went and put a lanyard option on this and then not supply one with it. I was surprised it wasn't with it, if double checked the box at the time. Not even with the accessory pack, doesnt make sense to me

I wonder if you got this sent to Parcel Motel would it be considered to be a UK customer ? The Wireless charger, grip and camera grip thrown in would be well worth it

I wonder if you got this sent to Parcel Motel would it be considered to be a UK customer ? The Wireless charger, grip and camera grip thrown in would be well worth it

They would probably only ship to billing address, then you have the fact the parcel motel would not cover the €700 if anything was to happen. Chances are slim but a chance still the same.
    Our Liability howsoever arising and notwithstanding that the cause of any theft, loss or damage be explained or unexplained shall not exceed:

a) The replacement value of any goods or merchandise stolen, lost or damaged OR

b) EUR €100 (one hundred euro) whichever shall be the least

I'm not sure why they went and put a lanyard option on this and then not supply one with it. I was surprised it wasn't with it, if double checked the box at the time. Not even with the accessory pack, doesnt make sense to me

I am not sure on the lanyard strap but depending on source it will be with the device,most likely the retailers rather than the online dealers,i will check it out.

I was under the impression that a lanyard comes with all 1020's as they replace the headphones?

And yeah I have it set for Parcel Motel. Whether I should or not is a different story but I would imagine being a UK customer relates to your billing address.

I just looked at my order on their site and the description of the product is the 1020 with the accessory pack. .

02 have full exclusivity on it 3 wont be selling due to their chip on their shoulder for burning themselves not passing on a discount on the 800.

No other operator as yet has confirmed they will be stocking this..

Also conor pierce said today!!

We are delighted with the response we have received from the UK marketplace” said Conor Pierce, VP, Nokia UK and Ireland. “It is clear that there is a strong appetite for a smartphone with such unrivaled image taking capabilities. The ability to express your imaging creativity and then share instantly really does put this phone in a class of its own.”

I don't care where you buy it from, a phone that has been for the lanyard, and a high price flagship should have it with everyone. They are supplying earphones that most people probably wont use, if the lanyard was supplied im sure it would be used considering the price of the phone, whether you get it sim free or on contract.

I don't care where you buy it from, a phone that has been for the lanyard, and a high price flagship should have it with everyone. They are supplying earphones that most people probably wont use, if the lanyard was supplied im sure it would be used considering the price of the phone, whether you get it sim free or on contract.

I fully agree with you it should be supplied you may have notice with some networks there has been repacking of boxes,ie not an original nokia box,take AT and T for example.
    I will know more soon and update.

• Advertisement

mark_m360 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that a lanyard comes with all 1020's as they replace the headphones?

And yeah I have it set for Parcel Motel. Whether I should or not is a different story but I would imagine being a UK customer relates to your billing address.

I just looked at my order on their site and the description of the product is the 1020 with the accessory pack. .

I've just ordered and used Parcel Motel as my billing and delivery address and paid with Paypal. I doubt that this is going to go through properly, but I'll know in a few days I guess...would be a sickener not to get the accessories pack

Advertisement