Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia EOS (WP with true Pureview) [Now Nokia 1020]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

PaulieC wrote: »
    Just got a Order Dispatched mail from Clove...

I have not got one yet :( and my invoice is dated 5th August so I should be getting it today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

Just ordered on the o2 website, 2-4 days delivery. Hopefully a bit less in Dublin.... woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

O2 the only ones doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Your item with reference SF015648600GB was delivered from our NEWTOWNABBEY Delivery Office on 27/09/13 .

It's getting close. I hope it is worth the 725 blips that I dropped for it

Let us know if you get the accessory pack with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you are already a lumia user then its no major changes to get used too. The camera is impressive, especially for low light pictures! The colour can be over saturated on bright day shots, and some of the quick point and shoot pictures give a better result on the 808.

I have a 920, so know the UX. I am getting this specifically for the camera, so don't be putting a downer on it before I even have it in my hands ��

I have a 920, so know the UX. I am getting this specifically for the camera, so don't be putting a downer on it before I even have it in my hands ��

Im not trying to, just trying to be upfront :pac:

Unless you have a 808 to compare it to, you probably wont notice anyway. And I did say the camera was impressive :P

But is the camera worth spending all that extra?
    I'm still on the 820 and was weighing up a 920 vs 925 vs 1020 but if it's only really the camera that warrants all the extra cash, should I just cut the 1020 out of the running?

No accessory pack. I'm thinking of sending it back and getting a payg from o2 instead. It's an extra 32gb and €100 less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Davy wrote: »
    Im not trying to, just trying to be upfront :pac:

Unless you have a 808 to compare it to, you probably wont notice anyway. And I did say the camera was impressive :P

If your been so up front why dont you mention the OS the 808 uses,its dead now.The 808 is like a lambo with a honda 50 engine.

O2 the only ones doing it?

Its exclusive to 02 only!

No accessory pack. I'm thinking of sending it back and getting a payg from o2 instead. It's an extra 32gb and €100 less

I have not got mine yet but they are sending me the accessory bundle. Nokia sent in mixed colour packs so they advised me to wait for the all black packs coming in on Oct 9/10th.

Yep, I mailed them back and asked to send on the multicolored pack, so happy with that

First impressions: thinner and lighter that the 920, almost delicate feeling. The camera does stick out at the back considerably, I think the charging cover will lessen that a bit.
    plugging in a charging cable feels like going back to the steam age

jimmynokia wrote: »
    If your been so up front why dont you mention the OS the 808 uses,its dead now.The 808 is like a lambo with a honda 50 engine.

Hold on, it may be dated but it does a lot of the simple things well, something basic as multitasking, and closing apps etc. It's not fashionable but something I would use for the camera of the N8 or 808 at the price compared to the 909

First impressions: thinner and lighter that the 920, almost delicate feeling. The camera does stick out at the back considerably, I think the charging cover will lessen that a bit.
    plugging in a charging cable feels like going back to the steam age

I think the charging shell makes the shape better, and the disc isn't as silly looking. Doesn't rock as much either when using it on a table or desk

Davy wrote: »
    Hold on, it may be dated but it does a lot of the simple things well, something basic as multitasking, and closing apps etc. It's not fashionable but something I would use for the camera of the N8 or 808 at the price compared to the 909

I think the charging shell makes the shape better, and the disc isn't as silly looking. Doesn't rock as much either when using it on a table or desk

The OS is outdated its like having a Lamborghini with a honda 50 engine,im and 808 owner myself but you couldn't use it as a daily driver in todays world,the camera on the 808 fine and could do as a standalone but combing the 909 with current tech the 808 doesnt have it.

Serious zoomage with 41 mp. Took a pic of one of my kids last night and was able to zoom in so much you could see the tiny hairs on the tip of her nose that are barely visible to the naked eye. She wasn't as impressed as i was ��

I got my 1020 last night and the camera is unreal. Yes the hump is there but its a fair trade off for the quality in the camera.

Spent the last few hours playing around with mine. The screen is about .5" bigger than I'd like but otherwise very happy! Seems fast, camera is great, construction is solid.

• Advertisement

Was toying with one in the shop today, can't believe how much the camera sticks out.
    I think it completely undermines the lighter, thinner construction of the phone.

I actually don't mind the camera bulge at all, funnily. Just wish the phone was slightly less tall/wide overall - feels way to big to hold in one hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

does anyone know which o2 store has live demo models to play around with?

Anyone else on o2 having problems getting their internet settings working? The o2 website (and the live chat dude I was talking to) both recommended the following:

Windows

APN: internet
    User name: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Proxy server/URL: leave blank
    Proxy port: Leave blank

Doesn't seem to be working for me at all though. Got told to call into a shop to sort it out but would rather not waste my Saturday afternoon if I could avoid it

Blut2 wrote: »
    Anyone else on o2 having problems getting their internet settings working?

O2 + WP = bad. I don't know what it is, but I could never get MMS to work on O2. They didn't seem to know either. All the company staff here were recently moved to Vodafone because of O2 network problems.
    In the meantime, try using the Nokia access point app to set this up automatically. It works 50% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭simi956

Vodafone now have the Lumia 1020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

simi956 wrote: »
    € 630 on PAYG. I was so sick waiting I took a plunge on the Ativ S last night sim free. Checking with VF now to see how much I could get an upgrade to 1020 for....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭AngryLips

simi956 wrote: »

In black and in yellow apparently.

g0g wrote: »
    € 630 on PAYG.

Wow....that's unusually competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Wow....that's unusually competitive.

You'd end up paying more in the long run though being with Vodafone on PAYG than anyone else?

Advertisement