Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia EOS (WP with true Pureview) [Now Nokia 1020]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You'd end up paying more in the long run though being with Vodafone on PAYG than anyone else?

Yeah but any punter can buy it then put in a bill pay sim or get it unlocked.
    At that price it's quite competitive, no?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is an unlock available? how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Looking to get a 1020. Am on Vodafone company bill pay so plan to buy a Pay As You Go phone and use that with my existing SIM. Does anywhere have the yellow one in stock, would be good to see it in the flesh before making a decision on that or the black one (not mad about the white one).

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Looking to get a 1020. Am on Vodafone company bill pay so plan to buy a Pay As You Go phone and use that with my existing SIM. Does anywhere have the yellow one in stock, would be good to see it in the flesh before making a decision on that or the black one (not mad about the white one).

Vodafone have the black 1020 for €630. O2 also have the black version for €640. I would say you could check either store to see if they have a live model in store. I would say their main stores would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

As with the 920 there won't be a yellow anytime soon, will post when I have info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

You can get a yellow wireless charging sleeve for about 20 quid, which gives you the colour without the commitment.
    I agree about the white, I think it looks like a washing machine

jimmynokia wrote: »
    As with the 920 there won't be a yellow anytime soon, will post when I have info.

Why was there no yellow for the 920?

Why was there no yellow for the 920?
    typical ireland we get the grey products on the networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

I got the data working eventually, turns out it was a simple 'Enable Data' setting I had to switch on. 3 hours on live chat (while I was in work, thankfully) with the 3 separate o2 'agents' later and I figured it out by myself. You'd wonder what they get paid for. Should have just gone fishing in the settings instead of contacting them in the first place I guess.

So we don't get any of the cyan, red, yellow lumias over here?

• Advertisement

So we don't get any of the cyan, red, yellow lumias over here?

Model dependent yeah we do,TYPICALLY we do get grey products cyan has only been there with the 800 when it was coming to end of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

No one has said much about the camera grip, is anyone using it?

I'm not that mad on it, it does feel good and is light but trying to use the phone is to awkward with it IMO. The best colour combo seems to be white with the black phone or visa versa

Davy wrote: »
    No one has said much about the camera grip, is anyone using it?

I'm not that mad on it, it does feel good and is light but trying to use the phone is to awkward with it IMO. The best colour combo seems to be white with the black phone or visa versa

I've not had a proper chance to use it yet (was at a party on Thursday and was asked to use my DSLR :mad:). I doubt I'd ever use it except when wanting to use it with the camera, as it is quite big, almost twice the size of my compact camera. Fantastically useful addition though. Mine is black, so stealth all the way

I haven't used it but I like the idea of the added battery aspect of the camera grip. The fact that the battery is non-removable on the 1020 is very annoying. I used to carry around spare batteries for my old phone in my wallet and it was great for traveling.

Might get one of these type of dedicated expanded battery pack cases when one comes out for the 1020 I guess:

http://mugen.co/nokia/nokia-lumia-920.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have a look at the DC-18, it might suit you. It comes in a few different colours, and it's quite smaller and very light. The cable slides into the housing when not using it so easy to carry. The other type is the pencil design, dc-16.

Ooh, very interesting, thanks. Will have to do some measuring and see if that looks wallet carry-able, if so that'd be a nice compromise.

You might want to wait for the DT-601 and DC-19 they will be on sale soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

Jacksie, select the songs you want in the playlist and add them to now playing (pause the music if it starts to play) then press the square to go in to the now playing list and down the bottom it has save as playlist. I find its easier to do from the app though

• Advertisement

Guys, I got mine from VF, they didn't have the camera grip, do O2 stores have them? What sort of price. Also, on my twitter I see there is a guy testing out a new lens that is supposed to be quicker than the pro app, allow you to store high res photos only and in general be a bit better for serious enthusiasts. I'll post back when I get more info on it.

I kinda hope Nokia allow high res only in the pro app. I don't want a second lower quality pic.

Guys, I got mine from VF, they didn't have the camera grip, do O2 stores have them? What sort of price. Also, on my twitter I see there is a guy testing out a new lens that is supposed to be quicker than the pro app, allow you to store high res photos only and in general be a bit better for serious enthusiasts. I'll post back when I get more info on it.

I kinda hope Nokia allow high res only in the pro app. I don't want a second lower quality pic.

The grip doesnt come with any store here,maybe they might be nice later down the road and offer it with a voucher code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Good few people seem to have this now. I'm still waiting patiently for o2 to deliver mine. So how is it? Does it live up to the hype?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Good few people seem to have this now. I'm still waiting patiently for o2 to deliver mine. So how is it? Does it live up to the hype?

Yes it's a brilliant phone. The only thing I have a problem with is the battery, it's ok but not great.

Otherwise quality build, camera and os keeps improving, with 8.1 around the corner to bring it right into the public eye.

I also have the accessories pack which also gives it even greater value.

2014 is the year for Windows Phone.

The big screen has grown on me, I must admit. The camera is fantastic. My only two issues are:

- Both Nokia and Microsoft music management/music players are laggy and less useful than the iPhone's music app
    - The battery isn't great and can't be swapped out or a new one as it's in an unremovable case.

Everything else is fantastic. In particular the camera.

Have I mentioned the camera....

Guys,

More info on the cam app I was talking about, I have been testing it and so far it appears really good, I have some issues with it around making it the default etc but the controls are lovely and it works much MUCH faster than the pro app. I don't know if the dev will be charging for it, it looks like he has put some time into it so though. Personally I am a photo freak so I will be getting it free or not. I'll keep you guys update as I find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Guys,

More info on the cam app I was talking about, I have been testing it and so far it appears really good, I have some issues with it around making it the default etc but the controls are lovely and it works much MUCH faster than the pro app. I don't know if the dev will be charging for it, it looks like he has put some time into it so though. Personally I am a photo freak so I will be getting it free or not. I'll keep you guys update as I find out more.

what's the name of the app?

See what you mean.

Meteor finally advertising the 1020. what a surprise, black only.

• Advertisement

ablelocks wrote: »
    what's the name of the app?

Dunno yet, its a beta I am helping test by side loading, he hasn't finalised the name yet.

Advertisement