Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia EOS (WP with true Pureview) [Now Nokia 1020]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Dunno yet, its a beta I am helping test by side loading, he hasn't finalised the name yet.

what's different about it ? Can it save RAWs ? If it did, I'd be in like Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

PaulieC wrote: »
    what's different about it ? Can it save RAWs ? If it did, I'd be in like Flynn

It's on my list of questions to ask :)

At the moment it only does 33.5mpx, it has scenes for night shots etc and better handling of flash and burst modes. Once I have a response back I will put up the potential list of features.

I know there are more than a few people who would purchase this app if it did RAW or even was a smoother version of the Pro app. We'll know soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Seeing as this is only available in black, I was thinking about buying the coloured wireless charging covers and or camera cover.

Can anybody tell me how they impact the dimensions of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Seeing as this is only available in black, I was thinking about buying the coloured wireless charging covers and or camera cover.

Can anybody tell me how they impact the dimensions of the phone?

Charging cover is not much added bulk. If you get a different colour you will have the colour show on the four corners on the front face so bare it in mind. The space on the back is just flush to the camera mount, increase overall depth of about 1mm. I have mentioned it a few weeks back that the phone rocks on the camera mount when used flat on a desk. The charging cover also helps reduce that issue.

The camera grip is quite bulky, and something im not convinced yet. It does fit well, and is really comfortable to hold etc but unless you are using it nonstop for pictures I really dont see it being justified if forking out for it. It might be handy for some people for a wedding or similar event if taking pictures from early day till night to use the extra battery that the grip has, but on average use I think the phone battery will be strong enough without it.

If your getting the grip anyway, and the black phone. I suggest you try the white grip, I tried the different colour combinations and think that was the best.

Davy wrote: »
    If your getting the grip anyway, and the black phone. I suggest you try the white grip, I tried the different colour combinations and think that was the best.

Thanks for that.
    What I would really like is a display in a shop somewhere to try the combinations for myself. I agree about the camera grip, I was thinking of it in terms of wedding/holiday etc... but if the extra bulk is too much than I might just leave it altogether.

Still really pissed off that it's only available in black.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.
    What I would really like is a display in a shop somewhere to try the combinations for myself. I agree about the camera grip, I was thinking of it in terms of wedding/holiday etc... but if the extra bulk is too much than I might just leave it altogether.

Still really pissed off that it's only available in black.

I have the yellow charging cover and I usually take it off in the mornings when the phone is charged. I fend it adds a lot of girth to the phone that I don't like.
    The camera grip is not meant to be used on a daily basis. As mentioned, it's great for a specific photographic purpose, but I would not leave it on at all times.

Why is the yellow not available ? All the ads for the 1020 feature the yellow handset

Why is the yellow not available ? All the ads for the 1020 feature the yellow handset
    Black is all that's advertised.
    https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/nokia-lumia-1020

Fits in well with what Jimmy said earlier in the thread about Irish retailers avoiding the bright coloured models.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

1020 is coming to three over the next week or 10 days according to 3 Store rep - possibly with free camera grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ablelocks wrote: »
    1020 is coming to three over the next week or 10 days according to 3 Store rep - possibly with free camera grip.

Indeed it is along with others and yes its also in black.

jimmynokia wrote: »

Also, or only?

• Advertisement

Also, or only?

The 1020 is black, but there is other Lumia models coming too. Yeah black of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jimmynokia wrote: »

any ideas on a successor (5") to the 1020? Am I right in thinking it won't be too far away?

According to voda its out of stock,i dont think its ever been in stock.

If anyone here has got a yellow one from voda previously do tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Blut2

Still quite liking the phone.

One new issue though - my indoor flash photos are looking really oversaturated, colour wise. I've been doing a fair bit of Googling on this and it seems to be a common complaint. Have any of you figured out a setting that reduces this? I can't seem to get it quite right with the camera settings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yeah, so if i could get a 64gb unlocked version if this phone, that's be greeaaaat.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

For the folks who have the 1020, what sort of battery life are you getting from it?

It's hard to make out from some of the reviews I've read. They seem vary from "it's alright" to "it's terrible"?

I sometimes get dramatic battery discharge, but it's software related. A reboot always fixes it. Otherwise I always get a full day, same as I did with 800/920

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Player 2 wrote: »
    For the folks who have the 1020, what sort of battery life are you getting from it?

It's hard to make out from some of the reviews I've read. They seem vary from "it's alright" to "it's terrible"?

I usually get around 12 - 15 hours so it will get you home in the evening before you need to recharge. It has it's up and down days but that would generally be it.
    I find Skype drains the battery so that doesn't go in my favour.

• Advertisement

NOKIA CAMERA!
    New update,notice the speed between shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Approx £ 440 incl delivery plus parcel motel seems like good value.

It does.
    See the price jump when you change the colour?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

See it jump a little when you pick white? ;)

Nearly bought the black one on billpay today, nearly...but I want white and settling for black would have annoyed me down the line so will wait for the unlocked price to drop.

Nearly bought the black one on billpay today, nearly...but I want white and settling for black would have annoyed me down the line so will wait for the unlocked price to drop.

Each to his own of course, but I think the white one looks like a washing machine :D
    nokia-lumia-1020-white-back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Was thinking of this and have only just found out that there is no HDMI out (or MHL) on any Windows phones. That is a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

Each to his own of course, but I think the white one looks like a washing machine :D

You know it's not though, right? :pac:

I've the 920 in white, works really well with the black bezel...does it for me. :cool:

You know it's not though, right? :pac:

I've the 920 in white, works really well with the black bezel...does it for me. :cool:

I do. The gloss white is beautiful, makes me miss my 800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wilser

Is anybody using this on emobile with 4g?
    Due an upgrade but the 1020 is marked on the website as not having 4g,the 925 is marked as 4g compatible.

If for some reason the 1020 isn't 4g with emobile is the 925 much of a step down?
    Thanks

Advertisement