Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Exam Results.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Same for me, I was so nervous! My other lecturers in English *all hail Cathy and David!!! :p * gave general comments and had a compliment or two there, but it was mainly all constructive criticism, so it was nice to get such positive feedback from Amanda in comparison. Jesus, compared to history anyway, she was so benevolent! They're very strict in history. A formatting error knocked my essay from an A2 to a B1 - I was seething! :p

That sounds really interesting. :D I love analysing crime and ethics and that kind of thing in general, so I think I'll enjoy this semester.

We should make banners for Amanda when she walks in for the first lecture. :p Imagine!

Yeah it was great! Psychology is strict too, mostly in layout and formatting and all that fun stuff :/

Heres a link where you can look up the whole syllabus:
    http://outside.ul.ie/BookofModules/

Quite a lot on religion too, unless that syllabus has changed!

Haha YES! And get the lecture hall to chant 'We love you Mandy, we do!' .. or would that be too far? :/ We know how Amanda hates noise in lectures ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

This is the last time I'll reply afraid to derail the tread (sorry).:p Oh dear, can't be seen conversing with a first year!:p Did I see someone mention David C - LOVE HIM!:D Alistair for history is a dote too!

Haha you're grand. :p Oh, so that's how you see me, is it? :( That's fine, as long as I know where I stand. ;) Just kidding. :p I wanted to write a TV series called, Screw Raymond, Everybody Loves David! He's a doat. You ever have Cathy?

Alistair, oh he's so nice! Such a nice man, and he really loves his history! :)

biohaiid wrote: »
    Yeah it was great! Psychology is strict too, mostly in layout and formatting and all that fun stuff :/

Heres a link where you can look up the whole syllabus:
    http://outside.ul.ie/BookofModules/

Quite a lot on religion too, unless that syllabus has changed!

Haha YES! And get the lecture hall to chant 'We love you Mandy, we do!' .. or would that be too far? :/ We know how Amanda hates noise in lectures ... :P

Cheers, thanks. :)

The religion isn't for me so much. Although, I find it interesting as regards how it affects society, so it shouldn't be too bad.

That would be brilliant! :D Not too far at all, the least we can do is make an effort. If we get another lecturer: "What do we want! More Amanda! When do we want her?! NOW!" :p

Cheers, thanks. :)

The religion isn't for me so much. Although, I find it interesting as regards how it affects society, so it shouldn't be too bad.

That would be brilliant! :D Not too far at all, the least we can do is make an effort. If we get another lecturer: "What do we want! More Amanda! When do we want her?! NOW!" :p

Oh I'm not religious in the slightest, but I think it would be interesting to learn about all the different religions in different societies and what not :)
    Sounds like a plan! :D

Oh I'm not religious in the slightest, but I think it would be interesting to learn about all the different religions in different societies and what not :)
    Sounds like a plan! :D

Yeah, as long as it's more about the structure of society there, their customs and so forth, I'd find it quite interesting. As long as we don't have to talk about their beliefs in excessive detail, then I'm happy out. :cool:

We'll make a group on Facebook, recruit every single student in the module, and we'll organise banners, confetti, a big cake and a Mexican Wave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Whats the story with repeats? Never done one before but im told you just have to register in July for it? Is that all has to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mahad086

hey so what is the maximum QCA that one can achieve ??/

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mahad086

hey what is the max QCA that one can achieve doing bbs in ul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

mahad086 wrote: »
    hey what is the max QCA that one can achieve doing bbs in ul

Same as any course 4.0.

Requires all A1s though I believe or at least vast majority A1s and the rest A2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Max QCA is 4.0 but a qca of greater than 3.6 will get you a 1.1 degree which is the best you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Max QCA is 4.0 but a qca of greater than 3.6 will get you a 1.1 degree which is the best you can get.

Think it's 3.4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Risteard wrote: »
    Think it's 3.4

It is a qca of 3.6 gets the presidents letter

Jester252 wrote: »

What's the president letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

What's the president letter?

A letter from UL president saying well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Whats the story with repeats? Never done one before but im told you just have to register in July for it? Is that all has to be done?

You'll get a letter/email telling you what steps to take. You will have to register and pay the fee. It was €171 per module 3 years ago, not sure if that's changed.

Repeat will be in later August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

3.5, I think. It's a whole pile of nothing, about 2 lines long but you can mention it on your CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

....well, that was a load of bollocks. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mon one

I still haven't received results from some of my assignments from the first semester.
    I know they are included in my overall result but i would like to know the split.
    Is there anyway i can find out or do I need to contact my lecturer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

mon one wrote: »
    I still haven't received results from some of my assignments from the first semester.
    I know they are included in my overall result but i would like to know the split.
    Is there anyway i can find out or do I need to contact my lecturer

Contact your lecturer. Some lecturers won't give individual assignment results, some will take an age to get them out to you (I didn't get assignment results from Spring Semester last year until about July).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Anyone know where I can find the script viewing form for my physics module? I can't seem to find the typical form on the physics and energy site that all the other departments seems to have on their websites :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

iLaura wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find the script viewing form for my physics module? I can't seem to find the typical form on the physics and energy site that all the other departments seems to have on their websites :/
    Go into the office in the C corridor they have the forms

Advertisement