Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room Mate Clash

Options
  • 23-01-2013 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Its not the end of the world but its been on my mind an havnt talk to any one about it.

I share a room in rented shared accomadation, so obviously theres negotiation. I share with another girl who is quite nice. Im quite open and like getting to know new and different people. I share the house with all girls from different parts of the world and we get on well.

My room mate is complaining that i make too much noise in the morning.
    I try and make as little noise as possible and get ready in the bathroom.

I think the fact i get up everyday to go to work and she does not have early starts is difficult. However on weekends i wake up early when i hear her and i have accepted that theres going to be noise even tho id like to sleep longer.However i dont complain.

Also i noticed she is putting up the scheduals for cleaning very quickly which is fine if she would actually stick with them herself . I cleaned the bathroom and no sooner its filthy again.:eek: (we have en suite)and same with the kitchen that i always see her things and she leaves her plates for someone else to clean.

anyways she says i should swap rooms which im glad enough but i feel abit rubbish that she has all these complaints about me when shes not so great herself.

Anyways just needed to get that out ther and id apriciate any comments

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Can we assume that you have sat down and raised all of issues and concerns with her and tried to talk them through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd move out. Life's too short for aggravation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

Yea we talked but she caught at a really bad time when i just got in from work had lots on my mind and i was really upset , im moving rooms now but i am half thinking of moving out, but il see how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I think it's weird that you need to share a room, is it much cheaper than renting your own room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Yeah, change rooms first and see how that goes. Is this a single room or another twin? Twin rooms, imo, are not suitable for adults who are not close friends (even then, it can be a dodgy arrangement) - the lack of privacy is always stressful and everyone needs to have somewhere to retreat on their own occasionally.
    In my experience, it's always worth paying the extra to have your own room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Yeah, change rooms first and see how that goes. Is this a single room or another twin? Twin rooms, imo, are not suitable for adults who are not close friends (even then, it can be a dodgy arrangement) - the lack of privacy is always stressful and everyone needs to have somewhere to retreat on their own occasionally.
    In my experience, it's always worth paying the extra to have your own room.

i think your right,. the house is all shared rooms i thaught it would be a good way of making new friends all tho every one else is really nice and im good friends with one of the other girls ,,,the girl in the other room has the same work pattern as me so it should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Urgh... Room sharing...
    House sharing is bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

ted1 wrote: »
    I think it's weird that you need to share a room, is it much cheaper than renting your own room!

I notice the OP's location says London. If they are in London then i would imagine it is cheaper sharing a room, rather than just a house. Certainly i've had friends in London amd 5or 6 of them would be living in the house to make the rent managable between them. Not my idea of fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

mel.b wrote: »
    I notice the OP's location says London. If they are in London then i would imagine it is cheaper sharing a room, rather than just a house. Certainly i've had friends in London amd 5or 6 of them would be living in the house to make the rent managable between them. Not my idea of fun though!

If I was living in London, I would rather live in my own tent in Tent City (does it still exist - ahh, happy days) than share a room with a stranger in a house with 6 or 7 other strangers, just to save on the rent!

Advertisement