Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic - recommendations?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I'm interested to learn more about the concept of logic as applied to philosophy or mathematics or both. Now, I'm not even sure what exactly I'd like to know but I was going to start with "Logic and Knowledge" which I believe is a collection of papers by Bertrand Russell. Does that seem like a good place to start? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

I'm interested to learn more about the concept of logic as applied to philosophy or mathematics or both. Now, I'm not even sure what exactly I'd like to know but I was going to start with "Logic and Knowledge" which I believe is a collection of papers by Bertrand Russell. Does that seem like a good place to start? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

To get at the guts of logic quickly, I would recommend this resource.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Formal_Logic/Sentential_Logic

It is effectively a tutorial on practising logic. You don't need any proficiency with math, provided you read through it in order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement