Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My boys need to catch there first fish! Any recommendations 'Fish-farm'

Options
  • 23-01-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Could anyone please recommend any place that my little guys (8 & 5) can guarantee to catch a fish in a safe environment, I was thinking about the fish farm, but I can't find any place that do this. Any suggestions would be grateful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Dpends where you are in the country, but the Boatpond in Virginia Co Cavan, wont fail to deliver, it's safe and lots of kids cut their teeth there.

It's catch & release only, single barbless hooks and no keepnets allowed, otherwise bang away!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bizzum wrote: »
    Dpends where you are in the country, but the Boatpond in Virginia wont fail to deliver, it's safe and lots of kids cut their teeth there.
    Doesn't sound all that safe!!!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

endacl wrote: »
    Doesn't sound all that safe!!!!

:D

Figuratively speaking;)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Depending on where you are in the country, i can recommend Adaire Springs as a n excellent place to bring them to catch fish. It is very safe and well run. Check here for a report on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

While there is no such thing a guaranteed fish this side of a fishmongers slab, you could try a canal. Small hooks, size 12 and chandlers* as close to a guaranteed catch as you will probably get.

*maggots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

Kat1170 wrote: »
    While there is no such thing a guaranteed fish this side of a fishmongers slab, you could try a canal. Small hooks, size 12 and chandlers* as close to a guaranteed catch as you will probably get.

*maggots

I have to disagree w ya there. Annamoe trout pond near Roundwood Co Wicklow. especially for kids really. bait or spinners. bring ur own rod or rent. u have to buy everything u catch tho. chuck the spinner in and 3/4 small rainbows go for it. a good start for kids as they have short attention span and will enjoy the experience. once they master that u can take then for more expert fishing

Advertisement